Notices

Exhausted.

Old 06-12-2004, 08:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exhausted.

It's almost mid night saturday. I am exhausted, yet I can't sleep. I've been up since 5:30AM I should be knocked out by now. I have gone through the stages of feeling tired, then just veggin', then I got goofy, then cranky, now I am just in a daze. Yet, when I lay down my head starts running in all different directions. That hasn't happened to me in a long time. I kind of have the same feeling one gets when they have been up for too many days in a row and they get so over-tired they can't sleep. Just wired. I don't know where I am going with this. I was kind of hoping there would be a little more activity on the board tonite. I didn't think anyone slept around here by the times on some of the posts.lol

Oh well, let me try again.
Old 06-12-2004, 09:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Chy

Seems like there's a lot of insominiacs up tonight! I know early in recovery it was extremly exhausting, as I went through the same.. and still do some nights.. but hang in there, try some sleepytime tea and melatonin.. it's a natural supplement that has helped me.
Old 06-12-2004, 09:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

I am in the same stage...it's only 9:30 over here, but I haven't been able to sleep the last few nights. I am getting scared though (it feels good to get that off my chest), i need to stop pretending that the thought of useing hasn't crossed my mind. I can't remember the last time I have been sober for this long...I know it's been over 2 years. Did you get sick? I have had a terrible cold the last 5 days.
Old 06-12-2004, 11:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Vision of Hope

Just got back from a Midnight meeting and gotta wake up at 8:30 to go to ASC, let hope I can zonk out, but I go through insomnia almost everynight, it is getting better though. Your definetly not alone there.
Old 06-13-2004, 09:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I don't know what my problem was last night. When I first got clean I had a hard time sleeping, but I've been clean for 7+ years now and this hasn't happened for a long time. My husband thinks it's because he wasn't home, he was down the shore fishing. But he goes away for the weekend all the time, either fishing or hunting. I usually don't have a problem with it. I kept waking up every couple of hours, then around 3:00 am, I finally fell asleep, got up at 6:30, said F this I'm going back to bed and slept til 9:30am, Oh well, at least I got some sleep and I'm not feeling loopy anymore.

LilJenni,

My first year clean, I caught every cold and flu that came around. I felt like I was always sick, but that passes too.
Old 06-14-2004, 01:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Paused

Thanks... Sorry about the mis-understanding. It's hard to accept the fact that I can never live a "normal" life. I must live like an addict...but I wouldn't change a thing!
Old 06-14-2004, 04:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

LilJenni,

There is nothing to be sorry about.

I don't want to be "normal", it's more fun to be me.