Notices

Seeking a NA Sponsor

Old 09-14-2012, 10:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation Seeking a NA Sponsor

Hello everyone,

You can call me Luna. I'm a recovering addict, and I am seeking a NA Sponsor who is familiar with working the 12 Steps from the NA Step Working Guide.

I'm going to tell you some about myself so you get an idea of who I am. I have a passion for reading, art, writing. Writing is my greatest passion because it is self-expression, it is a way for me to sort out all the thoughts in my head and organize them out so it all makes sense. I also do creative writing, freestyle. I played softball for close to ten years as a staff ace pitcher, but I had to quit due to some personal issues and physical health problems. I enjoy taking walks and riding the bicycle. At this point I am trying to get back in school to finish my Bachelor's--psychology fascinates me and I want to specialize in a career that would allow me to help other suffering addicts.

Packers and Colts are the NFL teams I root for. Teal and orange are my favorite colors. Double-layered pepperoni on thick soft crusts and chocolate-dipped strawberries are some of my guilty pleasures. I have a dog and she's my entire world--I love her so much. I take the time to make fun of myself sometimes just because I have an overload of clumsiness :P

If you share some of the similar interests I have and are interested in working with me on the NA Step Working Guide as my Sponsor, please let me know.

Thank you for your time =)
Old 10-18-2012, 04:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Luna how long have you been clean?
Old 10-18-2012, 07:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Luna....

Butterfly...

Welcome to our recovery community

Luna...the best way I know of to find sponsors is to
connect with your local NA meetings.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Not Alone

The relationship between a sponsor and a sponsee is a relationship that is most easily facilitated face to face and like has been suggested you should try finding someone in a local NA meeting. This is helpful because it means they are close to you should you ever be in dire need of some help. Also it's nice to pop round your sponsors every once in a while for coffee. That is not to say that you shouldn't seek NA members on here to give you their experience of working through the steps.

I hope everything goes well for you and wish you luck in finding a sponsor.

Natom.