Notices

I got work to do.....

Old 07-14-2009, 10:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I got work to do.....

I attend several conventions each year. This coming up weekend I am attending one like many of the others. Today I attend conventions to do work on me...Meaning I seek out ways to dig deeper, push further and learn more about how to get closer to my HP. This weekend I have searched and found out that a person is going to be there that I need to make amends too.

I spoke negative about this person years ago and in fact I just have not wished him well at all. This I feel is why I owe the amend...

When its time its time...God has made it so that he and I will be in the same convention for the first time in several years. I am going to make the amend because I dont like carring the junk anymore. I still dont care for the guy however I dont wish his ill.

Funny thing is the convention committe asked ME to speak on unity...Ant that a kick in the shin. I plan on making the amend first thing friday so that will be over and Sat. I can speak with a clear head.

The other work I want to do is to seek out the still suffering addict and get to know him. It ant always a newcomer...
In my professional life I have attended many conventions in which I sat in the hotel room and skipped out on the learning opp. never having anything to take back to the office to share.

Now days I attend NA conventions to learn and grow so I can take what I have gained back to my home group. Dont get me wrong...I have several years of coffee hangovers and blood shot eyes due to spades all night...I am too old for that now.
I am excited about this weekend. Unity is an action word and it starts with ME and my behavior..just my 2 cents...thanks
Old 07-14-2009, 02:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Which convention is it? Man, I'm wishing I could get away for a convention this weekend, but I'm working, so no dice. Guess I'm going to have to wait for the fall.
KJ
Old 07-14-2009, 02:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The convention is in the northern section of Mississippi. In Oxford Mississippi. I love conventions...I go as often as I can...
Old 07-14-2009, 02:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
*Grateful*

You will be great when your amends are made. It is a relief!

I had to make amends to a lady who rents our barn w/ her husband for something I said and she was very gracious. It took me almost 3 months!

I pray you say just the right words at just the right time and that your speaking on unity would go well too!
Old 07-16-2009, 03:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Have a great weekend! our area had t-shirts made that say "Unity is more important than being right" I have one. I like that saying.

So on the 18th what time will you be speaking?....I ask so I can send up a prayer for ya
Old 07-16-2009, 06:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I love that saying. Thanks for passing it on to me. it is so true. I will be the Sat. morning speaker. And yes leaving my head in the hotel room is my job. If it were up to me I would use my day to day method and just bring a power point ...LOL My sponsor would drag me out by my ear and give me a Wal Mart spanking if I did that...LOL Thanks again.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

A Wal Mart spanking? :rotfxko
Old 07-16-2009, 07:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

What is a wal-mart spanking? discount? 3-for-a-dollar?
KJ
Old 07-17-2009, 03:39 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thats when a mother drags her kids outside of Wal Mart cus the little fellow wants a toy or candy and starts throwing a Wal mart fit.. All Wal Mart fits are quicky followed by a Wal Mart spanking.....

Remember we use to get them when we were kids...now its called child abuse...
Old 07-17-2009, 11:40 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

IMO, not enough Walmart fits are followed by a Walmart spanking!

Love,
KJ
Old 07-18-2009, 06:39 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

so.....how your Unity talk go today?
Old 07-19-2009, 03:53 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Just got home...I really dont remeber alot of it...Odd ...I just started till I ran empty. Finished on time. Everyone seemed to enjoy it however I felt like I forgot the Prepaired"speach" back in the hotel room. Those deals always make me feel like I didnt say enough about this or that...

I guess it went the way it was suppose too..
My diseased thinking will always tell me I will never be good at stuff. One day I will allow myself to be OK. That allow word was what jumped on my face like a spider monkey from the JFT message today.

Like the country song says... I am way more cooler online...LOL

Thanks for asking..
J