Notices

Step 3

Old 02-05-2011, 09:42 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I am currently working step 3. I am finding how much smoother things go if i keep my hands out of things. For me, the type of addict i am...i cant even have a phone convo with someone with out wanting to control that sometimes. i mean good grief..i want people to say what i want to hear. I find my self wanting and trying to make people see me for what i WANT them to see, and god forbid if they dont....i get "upset". I know all I have to do is make a choice to turn my will over. i find myself making this choice all day long. usually when the pain gets great enuff for me to "let go" or do something different. I have just started to even be aware of my self will seeping out in everything i do or say. Now that i am aware, i have been given tools to use to keep my will at least under way enuff to allow god to work. he does do it sooo much better than me anyway, so u'd think we'd see that and surrender completely all the time. however this i know is unrealistic...not anyone does this perfect. and i get the support of my fellows..in NA as i might add(small resentment from the aa mother comment earlier). newayz thank god for the support i get from addicts just like me. it says in the literature of narcotics anonymous that we addicts could not fully relate to the alcoholic..emotionally and so forth..i cant quote it and wont..no need too..just read the basic text. (ex. of my will being excersised in the last couple of sentences..i will decided to turn it over now, and get back to work)..love step 3
Old 02-06-2011, 06:56 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

Welcome conster, to NA 12 step forum of SR.

The inward aspect of the Third Step is visible in the way that we can become humble. We begin to relax many of the defensive mechanisms and efforts that we used to control others that left us tired and without the energy to take care of ourselves. After we realize that our way doesn’t work, we decide to choose another way. Our addiction had smothered our senses so much that we could not care for ourselves in a healthy way. The decision we make here releases the tension that we hoarded in our futile efforts to maintain control.

TB
Old 03-21-2012, 07:11 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Not again

Welcome, to those of you who have completed this step, life will now begin to get better. Enjoy.

Larry

PS. Upon posting I noticed my "signature",a qoute related to AA. Which called to mind the AA-NA conflict mentioned in this thread. I also chair an AA meeting,yet my problem(s) were related to drugs, crack. I do have a desire to qiut drinking or rather I did. I certainly have no desire to start again, thanks be to God. Anyway this step does say God, not your sponsor (or meetings).