Notices

My father relapsed

Old 12-09-2010, 10:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My father relapsed

My father, a recovering herion addict of 8 years, just relapsed. Just got the news 3 hours ago. Im a mess. I dont know what to do. I was praying this day would never come. He's full of excuses and Im absolutely helpless.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You are not helpless. Step aside and allow him to find his own way. His recovery and or relapse is not a reflection on you in any way. Continue to love just as if he had 100 years. Your relationship with your God is the most important. Prayers sent that your fears and worries will pass. Prayers sent that he will find the rooms and recovery.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am praying for you, because as mother of 2 and recovering addict of many years to pain med, my heart goes out to you. You look at his disease and remind yourself of what you never what to become. Love him but love yourself more and structure your life in way you want it tobe. Dont become a product of his disease, become a product of your dreams, and capture each and everyone, because his disease may be to much for you handle. Keep yourself occupied with accomplishing things and goals. In the meanitime, believe in the power of prayer. Write down what you want to happen in your life and in your fathers life as well. Place it under your mattress and meditate and pray on it daily. I know its not a quick fix answer, but there is no quick fix to addiction. Let go, Stay your path, capture your dreams and let your father deal with his disease, dont make it yours. May sound a lil harsh but there is nothing sweet about addiction. Would like to know how things are going stay in touch.

Last edited by velvet333; 12-09-2010 at 01:28 PM. Reason: mispells
Old 12-19-2010, 08:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Try to support him if you can. Relapses happen unfortunately. What is important is how he responds to it. But do realize that this is not a reflection on you. Also, put yourself first. You need to realize that you cannot control him. You can control how you respond to the situation though.