Notices

Oh Dear G*D!!!!

Old 04-13-2006, 10:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
To Life!

Oh Dear G*D!!!!

Oh, Dear G*D!!!!

The dean -- the one who created the problem I've had to deal with -- has a criminal record!!!
False reporting of a crime.
Welfare Fraud
Filing a false document to a public official.
Those were in May of '88

In November of '88,
Simple Assault/Battery

Both misdemeaners and felony involved. She had public defenders for the misdemeanors; a private attorney for the assault/battery charge.

She pleaded nolo contendere for all, had to pay fines, was on 5 years probation and had to pay restitution.

One of my colleagues told me this information earlier in the day. I went to the computer and researched the public records, and there it is.

Now, I had to be checked for a criminal record to work in a school with minor children. I would NOT be hired as a teacher if I had a felony. With a misdemeanor, it depends - could go either way. But, if there's someone with the same qualifications w/o a record, you can bet they get the job first. We are dealing with children here.

Indeed, it's been confirmed that she's having "sleep overs" with the golden girls. That's totally innapropriate!!! Besides being completely stupid in this day and age!

And she takes care of the money in the school!!! She's been arrested for welfare fraud! This is crazy!!! :andy:

And I think I know now why the principal has had such a major change of heart concerning me.
She's been hiding in her office for a few weeks now....

I'm struggling with this one. Because I do believe that everyone has the right to turn their life around. But, she's in a job where she can be clearly tempted to return to what we know she's already done. And she has a strong influence on children -- and obviously, they have a strong influence on her. She doesn't know any boundaries.

We've had to cancel night school because there's not enough money to continue it this year. One of the reasons is because the golden girls are now with another teacher, who has to get paid for a sixth class -- as a direct result of dean's action -- allowing them to cut class and fail as a result. Yes, the Principal is responsible, but, everyone knows he was following her advice -- then. No longer. And she handles the money in the school. I've given her Jr Class funds to keep locked up without knowledge of this. I have no idea if it was safe or not. It was not counted when we gave her the funds...I just don't know, but, I'm not happy either.

And she was reponsible for trashing my reputation. Why? What is wrong with someone like this? I'm both sad and angry. And a bit disgusted, to be honest. I'm sorry, but, that's how I am feeling right now... :>(

Thanks for listening again...I'm seeing my career counselor today, thank goodness. He can help me work through this internal mess. Thoughts appreciated...

Shalom!
Old 04-13-2006, 12:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

It sounds like this whole school administration is out of control. Granted, those charges were a long time ago, but considering her behaviour it seems her judgement hasn't improved much.

I know you have your union behind you, and I'm glad you do, but it almost sounds like someone above this from the outside should take a good look at what is going on.

Sending hugs because you are handling your end with grace and dignity.
Old 04-13-2006, 03:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
To Life!

(((Ann)))

Thank you....
My career counselor was dumbfounded too...
And I was able to talk it out with him; that helped alot.
Interestingly, he said I was put there to teach the principal and the dean. lol!
I told him, just like I told Bike before, that I didn't want that job!
(She told me I got drafted, lol! Right as always... )

I do think I've done the right thing all along. I have taken the high road all along. I've tried to do the next right thing, even when the shyte was flying all around!

I just don't know why...And I probably never will know why...
This really has hurt me badly...

Thank you again, Ann...
And you're right. It doesn't seem like she's learned anything...or maybe she's relapsing into old behaviors...Thank you...

Shalom!
Old 04-13-2006, 06:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
To Life!

Oh, and I think you're right again, too Ann. '
Having an outsider come in and do an investigation and an audit would seem to be the right thing to do. The BOD has a right to know what's happening here. It's their money being trown out the window...

Shalom!
Old 04-13-2006, 06:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by historyteach

I do think I've done the right thing all along. I have taken the high road all along. I've tried to do the next right thing, even when the shyte was flying all around!

I just don't know why...And I probably never will know why...
This really has hurt me badly...
Teach, I know it may be hard to see right now, but because of what you did, because you took a stand for what was right..something will change, and that little corner of the world will be a better place because of what you did. However small, change of anykind will take things in a new direction and will gain momentum with time.

It's not easy to stand alone, to stand against what is and say it is wrong. You did that and I'm proud to have you as my friend.

Hugs,
Old 04-13-2006, 07:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yo teach,

Aren't you glad that your side of the street is so neat and clean? With all this "bad stuff" going around your work you sure stand out as having the "right stuff". Sounds to me like your HP is very confident in you, knows you would come thru this challenge. Like Ann said, I'm proud to be in the company of people like you.

Mike :-)
Old 04-14-2006, 05:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
To Life!

Yea, I've come through it Mike.
But, I'm battered and bruised by it.

Ann, perhaps you're right. It may indeed cause change.
But, why am I the one to have to go through it?

Haven't I gone through enough already? Is my entire life supposed to be shyte? Always getting battered down? Why? What did *I* do to deserve this crap which just continues to go on and on and on...in my life.

Yes, I'm being a jerk right now.

I spoke to my career counselor about a change of profession. I've mentioned it before. And we've discussed different ideas.
And ya know I've thought of drug and alcohol counseling. And yesterday, it came to me that I just don't want that type of hassle in my life anymore. I don't want to be the dump on person.
I want ease. I want to do my job; do it well and be respected for what I do well. I'm tired of any Tom, Dick or Harry with no knowledge of what I do daily, coming in and crapping all over me. I'm tired of it all.
I need some peace.

I've worked and worked and worked on letting go. On regaining my serenity. And then something like this happens. I've dealt with addiction most of my life. I've lost everything meaningful, meaning my family, to addiction. And when that area of my life starts to get settled, more shyte happens.

My tenent is always late on the rent, and has harmed my credit as a result. When my car broke down, I didn't get the rent until the 20th of the month. THis month, late again. In January, late. When I called this month, he friggin YELLED at me!!! That's why the house is up for sale. He's giving ME shyte when HE'S wrong?

Same with the dean and the principal. They both made BAD decisions, and wouldn't let it go until I was harmed. Yea, the dean is in hiding now; the principal has turned around. BUt, to the kids in the school, it's too late. I'm a laughing stock. I still have to put up with their shyte that is a direct result of this crap. There are some kids,(people too), who, when they smell a weakness, go for the jugglar. And I'm still dealing with this every day. So, though the dean and principal are not the problems anymore, I'm still dealing with the consequences of it. ANd it's not going to change for the rest of the year. It's too late.

And that's why I'm angry! And hurt. And disgusted.
And I'm sorry.
But, it's not over for me.

And I want it to stop.
And now, I'm feeling like I did before. Not wanting to kill myself, but, wishing I was already dead.

You are being so kind to me; so supportive. And I'm sitting here crying again over this stuff.

Thanks for your help...and kind words.

This too will end, I know.
But, I'm afraid of what's coming next....

Tantrum over...

Shalom!
Old 04-14-2006, 08:31 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey there teach,

...Yea, I've come through it Mike. But, I'm battered and bruised by it ...
Well sure. We all get battered and bruised. Bruises heal if we give them enough love and compassion. Are you doing that? Giving yourself love and compassion? It's hard for me to do that, so if you're a codie like me you need an occasional reminder ;-)

... But, why am I the one to have to go through it? ...
Why you? It's not you, it's all of us. We _all_ have to go thru the )*(*& of life. That's how we learn to appreciate the good things when we get to them.

... Always getting battered down? ...
You're not getting battered down. You're getting stronger. Go back and read your first posts on this forum. You'll see how much stronger and self-confident you are. You are one of those rare souls who _gains_ strength from hardship. Just go back and read all the posts you've made to help _other_ people when they were in their own despair. I know this is true because you've done it for _me_.

... What did *I* do to deserve this crap which just continues to go on and on and on...
You did nothing. For some reason you think it's punishment. It's not.

... I spoke to my career counselor about a change of profession. ...
That's exactly my point. You are actively looking to find a better job. How many people have you met who just sit in their misery and do _nothing_? You are exploring options, discarding the ones you don't like and working on the next one. Just imagine ten years from now you'll be the principal of some fancy private school, or maybe a pediatric nurse, or heck why not a lawyer. You'll be having a nice lunch somewhere and this school and all the jerks in it will be so far gone you won't even remember them.

... My tenent is always late on the rent ...
oh geez teach, that one you can take care of all by yourself with your eyes closed. Evict the turkey. Sell the property and let somebody else be a landlord.

... And that's why I'm angry! And hurt. And disgusted. ...
Well yeah! You have every right to be. You feel that way because you are an honest and righteous person. That's what makes you valuable in this world. If you did _not_ feel that way you'd be one of _them_.

... You are being so kind to me; so supportive. And I'm sitting here crying again over this stuff. ...
You betcha. You stuck with me when I was crying my heart over my stuff. That's why we're here, we're here for each other.

... But, I'm afraid of what's coming next....
Right. And I'm afraid of my next divorce. Except I'm not even dating yet. Give me some advice teach, should I start worrying about my next divorce?

(((((((((((( hugs )))))))))))))))))))

Mike :-)
Old 04-14-2006, 08:42 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Still learning; ever grateful

HT, you're not being a 'jerk' AT ALL. Vent away - you have every right. I truly believe, though, that good thing will come to you. I've been so knocked down that I almost gave up; seen so many good people get ****'d on, and the bad ones get away w/ murder. The dean will get his... you have to believe that. God's delay is not His denial. Keep reminding your beautiful heart of that. Perhaps you could even use this as a bargaining tool(?) to help ease what you've been through b/c of him? Sorry if this is repetitive of what other's have said, but I've read your posts and they truly inspire me. You deserve some good vibes, and I'm sending some your way now.

Hang in there,
DG
Old 04-14-2006, 10:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

you hae shaken the very foundations Hist....WELL DONE.....
Old 04-14-2006, 11:44 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

It's not easy to stand alone, to stand against what is and say it is wrong. You did that and I'm proud to have you as my friend.
I stand behind what I said, it's not easy and that's why it's so admirable when someone like you does that. When we stand alone, we sometimes get hurt, but when we don't stand at all, everyone gets hurt. Does that make sense?

You're still my hero, like it or not

Hugs,
Old 04-15-2006, 03:29 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
To Life!

Thanks, Mike, Ann, DG and Purrdy...

You know, I've come to realize something else too.There's so much going on -- so much that is effecting my thoughts and emotions. And I guess that's really why I'm having such a difficult time right now.
Your support means the world to me...as usual.
This too shall pass...eventually...

Shalom!