Notices

Surprise, surprise...

Old 04-10-2006, 04:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
To Life!

Cool Surprise, surprise...

Same thing only different...know what I mean?

That's what's happening with the golden girls.
They were hanging out at the dean's office today, DURING the class with the new teacher. And once again, dean let them hang out with her.

The good news is that this new teacher for the "special crowd" is not taking any BS. And, he's been there for years, so, no one will treat him as they did me. He won't be called into endless meetings. He won't be subject to "investigations" and the solicitation of negative statements. There will not be a barrage of parents coming in and using the exact phrases to state their dismay with me....while never once coming to speak with me about any problem. No one will stop him from giving the earned 0 because he's been there for a long time, and has a reputation. (I was first year there so I was the "unknown.") Those students can come to class or get the zero they deserve. (Sound familiar?)

He's also said that he won't listen to their disrespect. One of the golden triangle group was mouthing off to him -- BECAUSE he told them to get to class and out of the dean's room! He has no intent, and he has the ability and the willingness to let them fail by dropping the sixth class. He picked it up as a favor to the principal, and did not have to do so. (I was scheduled to at the start of the year, and had no choice in the matter.)

The principal acknowledged this was happening.
I saw the dean at the end of the student day. I had to give her money from the Jr Class, (I am their advisor), for the Jr/Sr Prom. The golden girls were in there again...There's something different going on here....It is inappropriate, but legal as far as I know. And it clearly is not the norm for schools to operate in this manner. But, it's happening here.

So, it's the same thing only different -- as I've said. And it is what it is.
But, the outcome...

Shalom!
Old 04-10-2006, 04:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
where the livin' is easy

I realize that you've been through a lot. I also delight in seeing my detractors get their just deserts. :AR15firin But somehow I don't think that that is beneficial to us (although it sure is fun!). Do you think it might be better for you if you could be willing to detach, forgive, and put it behind you?

Thanks, regards, Clark
Old 04-10-2006, 04:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
To Life!

Hi, Clark;
And thank you for your thoughts.
I've forgiven a long time ago. I am simply closing a chapter in my life now. And reporting that chapter. It's a positive thing, and I'm sorry if you think otherwise.

Shalom!
Old 04-10-2006, 05:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
where the livin' is easy

Sorry if I offended. I really feel like my point was a good one; but I should have done it in a PM.

Mea culpa--please accept my apology--it won't happen again.

Thanks, regards, Clark
Old 04-10-2006, 05:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
To Life!

Clark...
You didn't offend...

Shalom!
Old 04-11-2006, 12:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I guess, is it the dean? likes being popular with the golden girls. How mature is that????
My dad, hero, is/was an educator and mentor...they always gave him the kids no one else could handle.....so it is kind of a back-handed compliment and pan in the arse at the same time.
I know you are a hero educator. But, loving you, do it on your own terms!
Golly-gosh......did you know there is high pay from the USA dept of education to go to places like guam and teach from 8am to 1pm and travel and get really paid?
Travelling educators are in demand!
Old 04-11-2006, 04:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
To Life!

Live;

I've looked into teaching abroad. And it may, one day, come to be. My mom is not doing well, though, so, I will be with her next year in FL, so she won't be by herself.

There's something wrong here. This dean has no boundaries. And she clearly doesn't get it, (or doesn't care, which I'd hate to believe), that she is really harming those children. They are learning to be irresponsible; they are learning to be disrespectful; and the dean is teaching them these lessons by allowing them to continue behaving in an irresponsible, disrespectful manner.

I, too, have often been given the "tough" kids. I know what your dad did first hand. These girls are not the "tough" kids. They are children who've been inappropriately empowered to behave like spoiled brats. It's rediculous.

Gotta run to work now....thanks again for your support.

Shalom!
Old 04-11-2006, 03:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
On The Bus

Sooooooooo

Originally Posted by historyteach
I've looked into teaching abroad.
!

Whats her name?
Old 04-11-2006, 03:08 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
To Life!