Notices

Add?

Old 03-25-2006, 11:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Add?

I have just started going out with a girl who has ADD. She is extremely pleasant and very easy to get along with. Quite the convesationalist. What does anyone know about ADD in the adult. I myself am a depressed codependant. What a mix huh. any suggestions, comments information on ADD.
Old 03-25-2006, 05:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
To Life!

Hey, Pugs,
Here's a site that may interest you.
Funny thing is, I took the test. My answers are consistent with adult add.
WIthout your question, I would have never asked! LOL!
Anyway, here's the link. http://www.adultadd.com/2_11_sitemap/2_11_sitemap.jsp

Shalom!
Old 03-25-2006, 05:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Pugs,

I think Teach gave you a great link to find information about ADD.

I'd say that the fact that your girlfriend knows that she is ADD and that you recognize that you're depressed and codependent are important facts. The more you know about your situation and her situation, the better off you both will be.

I wish you well.
Old 03-25-2006, 06:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Hey there!

I have ADD myself. The best thing that has helped me to understand it is this book called, "Delivered from Distraction". She may like to also. It's the first time I've seen some of the things I do, way I think, etc. actually put into writing. It was an amazing eye opener for me to read.

People really don't get how if affects you if they don't really know about it.

Look forward to seeing more of you.

Old 03-27-2006, 12:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks Anna, it does help We can recognize some behaviours at times which does help. She just started taking (concerta) i think its called anyone have any experience with it and how long for it to see effects.
Old 03-27-2006, 04:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

i was dignosised with ADD when i was 20, however i have never really needed treatment or medication for it. i do take medication for depression/bipolar disorders, so maybe those help with the ADD as well. for me, the main "problem" is that i have difficulty concentrating or sitting still have long period of time. i have found that when i have to sit in meetings for work, i often "doodle" or will write on paper. it sounds weird i know, but doing something like that helps me concentrate on what is being said. i also can't sit and watch tv, i have to be doing something else at the same time. work is hard sometimes, having to do allot of computer work and documentation, but if i have noise in the backround (tv or radio) it is easier.

many people say how "lucky" i am that i can do several things at once, but i don't like it. sometimes i wish i could just sit and watch a movie, or just read a book. but my mind won't let me!
Old 03-28-2006, 09:10 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thats the way she is exactly, Moves areound alot but while she is doing that she able to concentrate. Sometimes it seems like she isn't listening but yet she hears every word.