Notices

Tornado

Old 11-07-2005, 05:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tornado

An f3 tornado tore through town at 2 am yesterday morning. By the grace of God, i am ok. Major damage In Newburgh and Kentucky, and a mobile home park.
Getting word to out of state friends has been the hard part.

I think of how lucky i am To have God and all of you here on my side.
Heard from 1 friend this morning. Before the tornado, it took her months to answer an email. Another friend said only i'm glad your ok.

I see my therapist on wednesday. Maybe he can help me sort out my feelings, since my friends don't seem to have time for me.

Lately i feel like i have to make an appointment to talk to a friend. Is this normal? Am i heading back into a deep depression?

Advice please. Shutterbug, please check in with me when you can. Worried about you.

KatieRose
Old 11-08-2005, 06:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

((KatieRose))
So glad you are safe from the horrible tornado that was such a monster storm. Such tragedy and loss of life it is so sad.f

hope have a good session tomorrow with your therapist....
Just wanted to let you know yes, God and all of us are on your side
Hugs,
Old 11-08-2005, 07:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A picture's worth a 1000 words

Katie....i have nothing but excuses....i'm sorry.
I just now clicked into your thread.
My sis is going through a divorce and it has me stressed out on top of everything else and i'm being really, totally selfish as of late.
I haven't even had the mind set to open your e-mail yet b/c i keep getting side-tracked. My focus is null right now....i'm so sorry for being such a bad friend when you have needed me. I hope you can forgive me.

I definetly know what it's like to have friends give you the brush off and i'm sorry that i have added to that in some way, but i didn't mean it....really i didn't. I know how much it hurts. I just can't appologize enough.

As for the tornado....i'm glad you're safe. Was yours the state where those 22 people were killed?

I live in tornado alley so i'm use to them i guess. Two years ago my ex-fiances huge, child-hood home with a inground pool, 5 acres of land and a race car motor shop.....was blown right off it's foundation while they were inside in the secret, underground, safe room that me and my fiance actually slept in while whe lived there for a brief transitional time. It was so weird to walk through all the rubble and hear Gary tell how he saw the twister jump over their back line trees while he had one foot into the safe room and was calling for the dog. He had to close the door and hold it down before he was able to get the dog inside. When they came out everything was gone. The game room (where the safe room was hidden) was taken down to bare concrete.

I was in the same town as them when that F4 hit, but i was at a baseball game for work on the other end of town and everyone from the stands came inside the media boxes for cover and.....it was kinda eiry cus i could see on the news it was headed straight for their house and i tried calling them and no answer. So i called my fiance and asked him if he had called and he said they were getting the animals down into the safe room. So probably the house was being ripped apart while i was trying to call. After things seemed safe i left and got trapped in traffic for 3 hours (instead of 20 min. drive) but i did get pics of the damage in one part of town that AP used for state coverage. I never even had thought to go the other way and check on my ex-fiances family for some reason...so it wasn't till the next day that i was able to drive back up there and see that it wasn't just their house....it was the whole neighborhood wiped out and the lady who lived across the street was killed when ever last piece of anything was wiped off the foundation.

Then once at my own childhood home, the news reported a tornato touched down 3 blocks from us. We never had a working celer so the 4 of us huddled in my dad's closet. We waited for a while and heard the wind come and go and me and dad decided to be brave and go outside and check things out. We were out on the front porch when the wind suddenly picked up from no where and we heard loud crashes and booms and i've never seen my dad run so fast back into the house. He literally jumped over both me AND a recliner chair as he raced back to the closet....lol When it was over, we discovered the loud noises were all the neighborhood's giant trees crashing down and our wooden privacy fench being ripped apart. One of those trees that feel had been just 10 feet from us when it was coming down. If it would have landed onto of the porch we would have probably been hurt. Pretty stupid...LOL. The next tornado in my home town, i spent it out in the back alley trying to take pictures of the lightening. Only after about 30 min was my dad and sis able to talk me into coming indoors....LOL....i get kinda brave every so often

I don't advise anyone else ever do that.....

So are you having feelings about survival or near-death, or abandonment issues....or all of the above.

I don't know what else to say....i'm afraid i've jabbered on with my own stories too much already and that they are no value.....i just don't know what else to say except i'm glad you're okay and you are in my prayers sweet girl.

Hugs,
Old 11-09-2005, 08:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Jenna,

Yes, 22 people were killed here. Millions of dollars in damage. My parents are more concerned with material things than human life.

Of course i forgive you.Things happen and friends get out of touch for a while. Just get in touch when you can ok? I feel much better after therapy this morning.
Just yesterday i sent an email to someone i had not heard from since august. I am so behind with email that it isn't funny.

I know that you care. I did get your email. Just answer when you can ok? I know you understand me. More in email but i do forgive you, so relax ok?

(((Jenna}}}

KatieRose
Old 11-12-2005, 07:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A picture's worth a 1000 words

Thanks Katie
Old 11-16-2005, 06:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

My new job is in Boonville IN, staying at the Lees Inn in Evansville, does that mean we finally get to meet??????