# 1 (permalink)  

?

Don W, is it usually like this?
Old 10-27-2005, 12:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

SHUTTERBUG - are you out there????
Old 10-27-2005, 12:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

dizzj, Like what? I'm guessing that your life is a question mark to you. Wondering what's real, what's happening and what's the use. Welcome to SR. Many of us have these same questions. Together we talk about the search. We give encouragement to continue the search. We need search for ourselves but, not alone. If you seek help, follow a recovery plan and become and remain active in your recovery? No! It won't always be like this. Seeing that I only had a ? mark to go by, how did I do? You see, we are all different but, in many cases we mirror each other.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You Did Great I Guess Thats Why Your A What Kinda Leader? Now What, Where Do I Go From Here???
Old 10-27-2005, 06:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A picture's worth a 1000 words

Dizzyj....sorry hun, but i haven't been feeling well the last couple days and i went to bed early (but then woke up, but was too sick to do anything but lay there and watch t.v.).

Anyway.....what to do from here?

Well, fill us in on exactly where you're at right now.....what kinds of things are you struggling with?....what's your diagnosis?....was it by a physician or a psychiatrist?....Are you in weekly counciling? Are your symptoms affecting work or school.....etc??????
Old 10-27-2005, 06:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Stay on the path. Don't let anyone push you off. I speak from experence. We need to stay the course. Those that chose not to are along side the road as we pass, needing only to reach out their hand. Be one of the ones they grab. They need winners to show the way. You're a winner!!!! Got Snow Yet?
Old 10-29-2005, 07:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Don, I have been looking for this - Like yes I used to know what was real -- started drinking and then I didn't care what was happening, and didn't care who would care anyway. And the use YES your totally right. I hope I can do what i need to do to beat this - then in the end I hope were all smiling in this mirror for me.

What were you talking about SEARCH?? RECOVERY PLAN???
Old 10-29-2005, 07:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Shutterbug, first of all and more importantly I hope your feeling better!

1) I'm Bipolar/PTSD. I've seen both Physician and Psychiatrist

2) Im different everyday They took all meds from me back in august some days I'm fine i can get out of bed and do what i need to and some days i cant even get out of bed - i haven nightmares- sometimes i cant leave the house - sometimes im scared and dont know why

3) I attend 2 classes weekly for drinking but nothing for the bipolar/ptsd thing

I hope you can help me. please
Old 10-29-2005, 07:54 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Maybe you should try some group therapy or A.A. or both.
Old 10-29-2005, 09:32 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
A picture's worth a 1000 words

A good recovery plan is AA as Seeker just mentioned....that along with individual and group therapy would be an excellent recovery plan. But you can't just go to AA...you have to get a sponsor and you have to continually work the steps to be successful long-term. AA has been proven to be the best recovery program ever created (and the cheapest too...lol).

And you can check out the link in my sig for NAMI if you're interested in finding group support for the bipolar and depression. I know what you mean about not being able to get out of bed sometimes....i'm in that same spot quite often.

Anyway...hope that helps you maybe? I don't know what else to tell you right now, but i think checking out AA and NAMI are two of the best things you could possibly do for yourself right now!

Hugs,
Jenna
Old 10-31-2005, 09:01 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks Shutterbug, Seeker,

Right now i'll try anything. The person who does the classes i attended, suggested a new doctor (shrink) and we are in the process of getting, hes helped me out alot. He's been sober something like 15 years. Hes an awesome person.

Last edited by dizzyj; 10-31-2005 at 09:02 AM. Reason: my mind is in 10 different places