Feeling Down?

Old 09-15-2005, 05:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling Down?

Stick around. We'll pick you up. Don W
Old 09-16-2005, 10:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

That's wonderful Don, cuz' there's been some down people here lately, and I have definately had my share of those rough days/nights. Not feelin abd tonight.
That;s a good thing
Have a great night...
Love, Becky
Old 09-17-2005, 01:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

yeah feeling real down i had to say somethings to a freind to night that i new would hurt her but it hurt me too, didnt want to say what i did but i new that we could never have a relationship beyond freinds and it was getting close to jumping that fine line and she new it and i new it. i dont know if its how i seid it or the meaning it got accorss but it served its perpose no matter how much it hurt her now to how much worse it would have been later. But i fell like such a looser to have had to do such a thing to such a wonderful person. But It was for the better now i think im going to go hide for a fewdays.

Ryan
Old 09-18-2005, 08:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Don't hide Ryan, it won't do you any good, you can't hide from your problems, instead of going away, they just seem to get much worse when we hide from them, trust me, I have been a pro at that...
Love ya
Becky
Old 09-18-2005, 10:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Ryan, Becky is so right. There are sometimes things in life you can avoid and get better. Like poison ivy. Mental Health requires dealing with the issues. I don't believe we are disabled. We have been injured mentally. Like a physical ailment we can get better. I made the mistake of thinking my prescribed medication would make me better. I took it and waited to feel good. When I didn't I'd tell the doctor it wasn't working. He'd add or switch it, and still the same. Then I learned from my VA counselor that the medication only helps you " deal" with not avoid the problem. Makes sense, the same happened with the alcohol. I kept drinking to feel better. When I didn't, I drank more, switched or both. Hummm? that sounds familar. Ryan and angel as you already know, this can be painful and difficult. However, I think at times we need to feel the pain in order to identify it. I needed to allow my brain to revisit events to put them into perspective. Surprisingly, in some cases the simple method of verbalizing, brought relief. Morning Glory taught me that. Verbalizing some fears or guilts or shame, is like flicking a lightswitch will make the darkness disappear, so will the light of exposure end a fear. Many here are following this. The key is to stay the course. I, in the past would escape when the pain of remembering, or the fear would try and continue it's hold. I just closed my eyes and believed what Morning Glory said was true. After all, the only thing to lose is the fear. You already might believe, as I did, It can't get worse. Be prepaired, sometimes things do get worse before better when you revisit. Recovery is long term, and the longer you travel the path and gain experence the sweeter the rewards. This happens by simply having our blinders removed. Don W