Notices

I need all the help i can get

Old 07-20-2005, 09:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I need all the help i can get

i have applied once for ssi was turned down and was so depressed i never got to apealing.

I am 31 was born a harwin baby, was abandond at 9 months old in an apartment almost starved to death. I was given back to my birth mother, heaven only knows why, and again at 18 months old she did it again. this time i was very close to death when i was found and taken by the state of oregon. after being brought back to health, the hospital by now had been giving me tranquilizers to keep my from crying. they started putting me into foster homes. i was in eleven homes before I was adopted at age 2 years old. still on tranquilizers and not even walking yet. my adopted parents never gave me tranquilizers again though i was addicted to them. i went threw a year of withdrawls and nightmares that i still remember. i learned how to walk when i was almost 4 years old. 3 years ago i found out that i was bipolor. it seems to only be getting worse. i have lost a few jobs because of it. i feel i'm loosing my mind. i could go on for hours but i will spair you. i have seen alot of docters and theripists. all which seem very lacadazical or uninterested in anything i have to say. i take lythiam, lexapro, lamictal, triazidone and xanax. if there is any help you can give i would be grateful.
Thank you Ryan
Feel free to email me at [email protected]
Old 07-20-2005, 10:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Ryan, I had the exact same thing happen to me. I applied last year for Social Security, and they turned me down. But they also told me when I applied that if I got denied, I should begin the appeal right away. They said 80% of people that apply get turned down. I guess they wantt o be SURE the people collecting, are really disabled.
I was SO certain I was going to be accapted, I thought how could they deny me?? I have severe depression, severe anxiety, Insomnia, sweeling in my feet, hands and ankles, carpal tunnel, drug addiction, and panic attacks. I am also being sued for my HUGE medical bills I have accumulated through all of this mental health problems, and drug addiction.
Well they turned me down, and I cried for at least 2 days. I also got into such a huge depression, I couldn't do anything. I began using drugs again...
So now a year later (now) here I am stuck re-applying, all over again. They treat it as a new case, and I have to go through all of it again.. I am SO sorry I did not appeal. But I wasn't capable at the time.
They also only will go back now from last year, the day I got turned down, that's when they now consider I got disabled. HA, I haven't worked for 2 years because of all of it.

So my advice to you,,, go appeal if you still can. It is much easier than starting over. But if it's to late for you to appeal, then reapply... Don't wait, do it right away..

Let me know how it goes for you. Maybe we can share our frustrations together as we go thru the process.
Love, Becky
Old 07-20-2005, 11:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ryan, you've certainly got a lot of issues in your past. Take Angelgirl's advice about the SSI. I think you should find a good therapist and/or psychiatrist. There will be one out there that will treat you properly. I would say it's vital.
I hope you have at least a decent family doctor. You've had a hard 31 years. Don't give up and you can have much better years ahead of you. Take care of yourself.
Ryan there may be people that can help you here:
http://www.idahocdhd.org/familysuppo...tte_county.htm
Try the Alliance Mentally Ill number and further down under County Supports, Mental Health Services. Give them a call and see if they can help you.
Good luck.
Old 07-21-2005, 03:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you both i will try the numbers refered dmajor7th and reaplie for ssi. though it makes me pannik just to think of it.
thanks Ryan