Notices

for three days now...........

Old 01-15-2005, 08:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

for three days now...........

I have been experiencing symptoms of anxiety. I have had anxiety attacks before but this is a little different. It's more like a mild to moderate feeling of fear. Also I have been very shaky and crying alot. I have the images of the last day of my mom at the nursing home, and that was very difficult to see, (I won't go into too much detail, but let's say that my stomach was turning the whole time with what she looked like and the moaning noises she was making) plus the image of her in the casket keep popping into my head. Every few minutes I feel like I get the chills, and it feels like butterflies in my stomach. I haven't been able to eat, I get hungry but once the food is in front of me, I don't want it. I hate feeling like this. I read some of the ptsd forum, and maybe after all the stress I have been under this is what it is.

I have been praying alot, and reading trying to keep my mind occupied, but it doesn't take it all away. If anyone has some words of wisdom it would be appreciated. I am in counseling, but he is a pastoral counselor so he cannot prescibe meds or anything. I just think if I knew what this is I might deal with it better. take care and have a good weekend.
Old 01-15-2005, 09:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
No expectations!

It does sound like some symptoms of PTSD, doesn't it? I would see a doctor myself ASAP. If I let something like that go, I risk self-medicating, and that's no longer an option for me. Wish you the best, Lynnie!
Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 01-16-2005, 02:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

I think you are describing a flash back. It does feel more like fear than panic or anxiety and usually is tied in with memories. It's nothing to be afraid of, but if it's keeping you from eating and functioning seeing a doctor would be a good idea. The fear can also increase if you relive some of your memories. It's best to catch it early because if medication is prescribed it takes time to start working.

Hugs,
MG