Notices

Disorder Sobriety

Old 10-26-2022, 12:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Red face Disorder Sobriety

Originally Posted by Psycohology Today
A person with a history of transvestic disorder (TD) is considered to be in remission when their desire to cross-dress has not caused them distress or impaired their daily life in at least five years

Because this disorder is intertwined with my addiction disorder. I'm going to be TD sober and not engage in this behavior for at least a year. I going to see if I can come up with a sobriety plan. In my case TD was directly caused by my childhood trauma PTSD. Very complex stuff to untangle because I started to act-out TD at 12 1/2 years old.

It's out into the universe now.

Old 10-29-2022, 04:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Because TD is used for other disorders, I'm reclassifying Transvestitic Disorder as TVD for better clarity.

The year 1997 I went to an MFT therapist recommended by my sister to discuss my alcoholism and drug abuse. I started with weekly sessions and soon moved to bimonthly sessions. One day during a therapy session I was given amazing insight into my TVD. For once in 28 years of not know why I was behaving that way. I was puzzled, confused, and just lost for an explanation for why.

'The Why' case example, me.
TVD behavior is a symptom of my PTSD. To gain control over my trauma I acted it out by embodying my abuser in her gender dress and carrying out the traumatic event on myself. When I act out, I'm no longer the victim of my trauma. I display the material symptoms of my trauma in an article of clothing that is gender opposite of my sexual orientation. The trauma manifested by a disrupted, disturbed, and very emotionally damaging event I endured.

It kinda cut and dry my writing. Ack oh well

There's therapy for that thank my Lucky Star
I'm working on it daily.
You can't heal it if you don't feel it.
Old 10-30-2022, 10:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing! Sounds like a mountain to unpack and you are inspiring in your quest to take it on. Wishing you all the happiness and healing in your journey.