Notices

Do you have depressive "fits"?

Old 07-18-2004, 10:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lovin' life now

Do you have depressive "fits"?

I was diagnosed with major depression about 8 years ago, but I know I was depressed, well my entire life. I have been on Prozac since my diagnosis (80 mg/day) but I still don't feel stabilized. Every few months or so, I have these extreme "fits" for lack of a better word, where I am suicidal, can't stop crying, get delusional, and worst of all I start cutting. It's only after I've done some cutting, take some of my clonazepam and go to sleep that it passes. And strangely I feel ok the next day (minus the messed up wrists of course).

Does anyone else experience this? You feel (relatively) stable most of the time but then out of the blue just have a freak out???
Old 07-20-2004, 12:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
The Eternal Butterfly...

Post I understand

I understand what you mean. I get like that at times. But then again I'm bi-polar and unmedicated so that's expected. During the really bad ones I heard voices..voices that won't be quiet. I get suicidal and disoriented
Old 08-02-2004, 09:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

I understand as well...for me there is no trigger...it will just happen. I have just been diagnosed as being bi-polar and this used to happen to me all the time..what is it about cutting that makes things easier to cope with?..
Old 08-03-2004, 09:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
we're all mad here!

I'm unipolar depression, but I have extreme depressive fits. I'm not controlled well on my meds.

Have you and your doc thought about switching you to a different med?

I'm not a cutter, but my s/o is. She said that it let the anxiety out, that she felt "herself' again after cutting. If this is the case, is there anything you can do other than cutting?