Notices

My BPD

Old 07-27-2013, 02:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

My BPD

Really trying hard to keep my mood swings and self descrution under control.

Giving up drinking is really hard for me when part of my disorder is that we tend to get addicted to things easily.

I am hoping to start the gym next weekend, hoping that will help me feel good about myself and that means, i am able to keep off the drink more easily.

I need to try harder with myself.

sry for rambling, just trying to get the thoughts out of my head.
Old 07-27-2013, 03:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

do you see a Dr as well Erratic?

D
Old 07-27-2013, 08:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Dismember

Hi Erratic,

As someone with BPD too, I feel I know what you're going through. It's tough to stay away from self-damaging substances when self-damage is part of it. But that's the whole instinct we need to curb for happiness and sobriety.

Great idea with the gym. I like to go running and I find that's been the most perfect "drug" for keeping my emotions stable. Even my old psychiatrist agreed and told me exercise was better than anything she was prescribing me (not that I didn't do both of course.)

And, with Dee, are you able to see anyone too?

Know it's hard. I've been doing pretty well with it lately but therapy wasn't a miracle cure, just a tool for the almost daily battles I've got with BPD. Hang in there.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Dunno if it helpful, but here is a sort of general info thread we started a few months ago.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...er-thread.html

Best to you.
Old 07-28-2013, 09:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Thanks guys

I do see a doctor and im starting psycho therapy in a month or so. I have had past therapy but never worked.

I am also on medication in helping with my moods, but darn it, not much help with my cravings so far.

Thanks for your replies xxx
Old 07-30-2013, 04:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Dismember

Sometimes it just takes the right therapy or therapist.

My first two attempts at therapy were basically a joke. I tried to give them an honest go of it, but I just couldn't take any of it seriously enough.

Third time. Boom! Found a therapist who knew her stuff, knew BPD, and was not afraid to kick my butt a little. I went through DBT. I give my therapist and the DBT a lot of credit for getting my life in order and helping keep it that way. So hopefully maybe this time is your time.

Cravings start sinking in time. Turn into minor annoyances, like a bad sniffle. You just have to wipe 'em every once in a while.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Thanks Isaiah, yeah its about finding the right therapist, also its about finding someone who i can feel i trust also. My old therapist took many yrs to get me to talk to him, by the time i did and showed a little improvement, he retired doh!

I also don't have long in life to try and combat my BPD due to im in my 40s grr. Anyway i will be giving it a shot and see what happens.
Old 07-31-2013, 02:52 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Work in Progress

I know you're feeling down tonight. Just try not to let these thoughts consume you. Bad day. We all get them. Even those without BPD. Tomorrow is a new day. Try to clear your head and get some rest. If you can't let us know.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Thanks dec x im not so down this morning, but my moods is switching this morning. Got my pdoc this afternoon, havent seen her since i started on dtox in hospital.