Notices

Earthquake in California.....

Old 12-22-2003, 02:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

Earthquake in California.....

Anybody here from California? Just concerned that you are okay. I know Juls is in CA and MG....Prayers to all there. The report says at least 3 dead, and just praying for them all. I have alot of dreams about earthquakes, and funny as it sounds I almost posted about a panic attack I had earlier about CA and an earthquake, It's weird how I pick up on these things...Well, know my prayers are with anyone affected.....***hugs to all***
Old 12-22-2003, 03:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes, I saw it on the news! 6,5 on Richter. That´s a big quake. Tammie, you had a bad feeling about a natural disaster.

Juls, I hope to God you´re OK. You must be used to living in a place where there is a faille (misplacement, a fault) so you know what to do. Stay under a table or in doorways.

I´m sending you light, and everyone else who´s living there. I also have friends there and I´m waiting to hear from them.

Use adversity
Old 12-22-2003, 03:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

I have always heard sometimes the aftershocks can be worse. Bless their hearts. My husband is from California, San Luis Obispo area. I will have him check on his brother and niece. I have 19 and 12 yr old step children in CA, but have never met them the mother won't let my hubby see them, she married wealthy and took all parental rights away....sad situation there, My husband is a wonderful dad....I will call him on the road and see what he can find out about them, They live in the LA area I think, he has friends who can check on them.....
Old 12-22-2003, 03:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good grief ! I haven't seen the news today ! My thoughts and prayers go to all you CA people ! stay safe !

LUV
Lee
Old 12-22-2003, 03:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

I have a small tv beside my computer, and it's always on the news channel. I know we have quite a few members in CA. My prayers are with them.....
Old 12-22-2003, 09:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

hi gurls, im from ca but have been at work all day. im from san diego...i hope theres not going to be a quake down here! its scary to think it could happen to you. im just now realizing i have a friend up in san louis obispo.....i hope shes alright!
Old 12-22-2003, 11:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm o.k., I didn't even feel it, but other people I know felt it. I live fairly far north from it, about 3 or 400 miles. It's very sad that people lost their lives, and the town where the epicenter was, suffered alot of damage, and most of the old town where the historic builidings were was destroyed.

I'm afraid of earthquakes, and after that really bad one we had, believe me I seriously considered moving to another state, but then other states have things like tornadoes and hurricanes.

Tammi, I'm sorry to hear that your husband isn't allowed any contact, that is really sad. Hopefully when the kids are grown and can make their own decisions they will be able to have a relationship with him.

Juls
Old 12-23-2003, 04:24 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

In Texas I uised to tornadoes and mimi-twisters from my porch...LOL...they were something!!!!
Old 12-23-2003, 08:37 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

The news just showed the town where alot of damage was, Pas Robles...that is where my brother-in-law lives....I hope my hubby called out there, his brother in CA doesn't want to talk to him much anymore...doesn't approve of his 'career'...but we'd like to know they are okay, his little niece and sister in law is sweet...I am going to find the number and call myself....
Old 12-23-2003, 09:11 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thank God you´re OK, Juls!

Use adversity
Old 12-23-2003, 09:23 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Platinum Member

Hi everyone,
My niece and her family live in Paso Robles where the earthquake was so bad, I just talk to her on the phone and they are all ok. Just shook up, they live 3 blocks from downtown where so much damage occured, and her 14 year old daughter was working at a dog grooming place just 100 yards from where the big clock tower crumbled and fell to the ground, but she is ok too. Paso Robles is a beautiful and old historical Spanish town. I live over in the valley, about 150 miles east of them. I just thank God they are all ok..... Love Bonni
Old 12-23-2003, 09:25 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

Amen to that Bonni!!!!***hugs*** (you mat know some of my hubby's relatives or friends!)
Old 12-23-2003, 02:51 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I must just ditto what everyone else said, I hope everyone is all right. Here in Wisconsin we get plenty of tornado scares, I just can't imagine an earthquake. I guess wherever you live there is something that threatens your life, be it natural disasters of mother nature or life itself. You just gotta take the good with the bad.
Old 12-26-2003, 06:43 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

Another earthquake, in Iran....2,0000 confirmed dead, could go higher. Man, I have been having a lot of dreams Of massive earthquakes all over the world....It kinda freaks me out, just had to share, these things trouble me...when I see it before it happens...I know you all may think me crazy, I'm not, at least where this is concerned.lol...I am sending prayers to all their people over there...I am still sensing more to come. Since I was very little I have had many nightmares of global earthquakes...and It is dark, and I am walking along a narrow crack in the ground, purple and grey/black mountains in the distance.....the urgency to keep walking along the narrow crack and make it to the mountain, gives me chills. Sorry to share crazy stuff like this, but it helps me to talk about what goes on in my head......love you all. ***hugs***
Old 12-26-2003, 07:24 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Tammi, I don't think your crazy at all. I can empathize that those dreams of yours would be very troubling. I hadn't heard about the earthquake in Iran yet, as I haven't turned on the t.v. this morning. It's still only 7:30 here. I will send out prayers also.

I have to say I am glad that I don't really have an psychic abilities like that. I would be so frightened by them.

Juls
Old 12-26-2003, 07:31 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

It's not as scary as it used to be, but it troubles me you know? Like why do I have them? I can't prevent an earthquake just because I know it's coming, 9/11 I tried to call and tell them.....well, my HP knows, maybe one day He will let me know why......
Old 12-26-2003, 08:51 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

Oh no, i read the report wrong...20, 000 feared dead.......so sad...sorry if this is off topic, but there are those in recovery over there to, and I think we are ALL neighbors!! Prayers going out again......
Old 12-26-2003, 12:40 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Tammi,

This must have just happened. I went and got the paper, but nothing was mentioned, although there was an article about several hundred people dying in China due to a gas leak. These tragedies make me realize so much more how precious life is, and how important to let the people we love know that we love them, because truly it can all be gone in an instant.

Nothing is off topic here, so always feel free to share whatever you like.

Juls
Old 12-26-2003, 01:02 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

Thank you Juls.......***hugs***