Notices

how do I deal with coworkers?

Old 02-26-2012, 04:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Soberliner

how do I deal with coworkers?

I have a feeling that I can trust my coworkers. But for the past year coworkers has been pushing me to get real with my emotions and self confidence. Making derogatory statements around me. Playing mind games, like looking in my direction as if they are confused, but making me feel parinoid of what they want from me or do. Its hard for me to speak up about me being gay, because I fought so hard to hide it for 25+ years. Gotta come natural, gotta come quick, getting real tired of dodgeing looks all day long at work. ugh
Old 02-26-2012, 04:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Soberliner

Guess I know what I need to do, just need the right push into the great big bad world and deal with it. Yikes
Old 02-27-2012, 02:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It's hard to cope with feelings of paranoia with people you see every day. What are you worried that they are thinking?
Old 02-27-2012, 03:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

i can kind of relate ..ive gotten paranoia at work ..espcially after a night of drinking ..Not cause im gay (because im not)its more or less the feelings that ive been surpressing ..with the alcohol ..now that ive been staying off it ..i noticed that ive become more moody and im quicker to my emotions ..i just try to just focus on my work and not mind the other employees ..if they come up and say something either ignore or just say something real quick..that doesnt ingage them in conversation ..to where i know i will get gassed up if they say something ...cause two of them are cape verdean and i know they like to talk alot about other people..that's why they half the time they talk in their language ..the way i see it ..for $12hrly it's not worth me getting worked up over ..If that's the level they want to be at that's fine ..im there to make money so i can pay my bills .plain and simple ..i really dont care about anything else