Notices

psych wants me to come off meds

Old 03-25-2011, 12:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Earth Child

psych wants me to come off meds

I have been on some medication for about a year and my Psych but it down to 100 mg its mainly for voices but its also for anxiety and i find it really helps am on other medication for the voices now and my psych says because i have been feeling calm and having no anxiety attacks for the last week or so that i should come off them slowly but i dont want to come off them.
I no longer see my Psych as i have been discharged from the mental health team there .
I havent even tried coming off them yet as a lot has been going on
I see my dr in a few weeks and i might talk to her about it and see what she says about it
Old 03-25-2011, 07:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

What ever the professionals suggest you to do is only in your best interests. I know when something is working well for us, we question why should it have to change...

Have you expressed you concerned about comming off the meds to you psych?? What worries you most about comming off them?

I do suggest you go with your doctor to talk about this (as you have said!). Ask her, if its working well then why do you have to. Some meds pose health risk if taken over long periods, this maybe why. But hey, i really dont know, so best bet is the doc.

Take Care and glad to hear there's improvments...