Notices

for Lotus...neurobiology resources

Old 11-25-2010, 09:28 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Lotus,

the anniversary of my son's death was 1am on the 25th...I was so involved last night with this, that time passed without me being aware of it.
Thank you so very much.
This is the first year I have not had a meltdown over it.
You did me a HUGE favor!
Old 11-25-2010, 10:32 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

So sorry that you had to go through the experience of losing a child, I'm sure that must have been a very difficult time for you. I'm glad you were able to distract yourself last night and were able to get through the night without a meltdown
I hope you were able to sleep ok last night... I was super surprised when I checked the site again today and saw 20 new posts from you... whoa !!! This helps me to be more inspired to sit down and write (though today I'm super tired and just want to sleep - it's foggy outside, similar to how my brain feels today, but I hope that once I start writing some of that will lift and I'll spew all my knowledge out on paper/ or the laptop actually)!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!!
Old 11-25-2010, 10:55 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

The trend I have seen is that they just keep adding on meds to treat what seems like lingering side effects of other meds.
I don't like this at all!

For one, when they prescribe you a psychotropic..they tell you that it may take time to work and that there can be some pretty strong side effects but that these will subside.

They keep giving me antipsychotics for sedation which is a side effect of the med. And that side effect passes so that it no longer works for sleep. Further it worries me that it has many other effects on the brain. I don't feel right at all with them..but they seem to be the "hot" thing right now.

When I ran out of my meds, I went to the ER..then I went inpatient twice at a voluntary crisis unit. That yielded no help and the CSU was very substandard.

Talking to the nurse they will choose my meds according to cost! That doesn't seem good either!
There are patient assistance programs that pay for the meds...through the pharmaceutical comanies.

My therapist would not even read the first page of my writing(s) and I got upset and she was pretty much a witch, wouldn't listen to me.
I am not used to that. My counselor in Oklahoma always listened to me and discussed things with me.
Old 11-25-2010, 10:58 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I did sleep okay...too vivid dreams but that is coming from the trazadone I am taking as a stop gap measure.

Really glad I didn't throw out all the old meds!

I hope you have a splendid day and Happy Thanksgiving!