Notices

It is so frustrating

Old 09-30-2010, 12:01 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

SNAP!
It is so hard to find something that works...then to have to abandon it?

The disability advocacy service just phoned me...I have been procrastinating on it...I acknowledged that to them and told them I feared the humiliation and etc I had heard others had to deal with.

I am going ahead with it tho'...it is just something I need to do..tho' I would so much rather not but I can't keep "convincing" myself that I will be stable in just another couple of months.

Yeah with the cost of meds I used to joke that all my money went for drugs. LOL
so sad but true...without insurance they are so costly!
Old 09-30-2010, 02:19 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nandm View Post
That is a good idea but my doctor has already given me samples for the first month of these meds. I just had them filled for the first time yesterday and it cost me over $200 just for two of the meds. When I tell her I can not afford them then I will ask her about the free samples. Thanks for the suggestion. I

I am really worried about making big changes with my meds right now as I have finally hit a stable point and feel human again. But if I have to do it then I will just have to really on the moral support of my friends and family during the rough periods of trying to find meds that will work that are not a small fortune.

Thanks everyone for your support and comments in all this.
We have a sliding-scale clinic here that I took my Mom to this week. The fee was $25. They gave her a physical, blood work and pneumonia shot for that price. Plus she's getting free medicines from the manufacturers, as the clinic advocates for you. Maybe there is something like that where you live. Maybe HHS or NIH websites have a locater?
Old 09-30-2010, 02:26 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Oh YEAH! I forgort about that!

Many pharm companies will provide their products from free to $20...I had qualified for all of those when living in Florida.
Old 09-30-2010, 03:19 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I found this...

Official Web site of the U.S. Health Resources & Services Administration

You can search for a clinic by zipcode.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:26 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Thanks El Gato. I will look into the link you provided I appreciate you taking the time to find and post it.

Live, please go ahead and try to get the disability. I do recommend hiring an attorney first thing in the process though rather than do like I did and wait until I had been turned down and was at a hearing process. Almost all disability attorneys will do it on a contingency basis and have a cap on fees they can charge. Here in Oregon they can only charge around $5000 no matter how much they do or they get for you. I know that many people have gotten approved early in the process but don't be surprised if you are turned down at once. Don't give up because if you don't try then you won't succeed. Keep us posted.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:43 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thanks, J!

I am proceeding with it with an advocacy service.
Old 10-07-2010, 03:58 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

nandm, thankyou muchly for sharing and not hurting yourself.

Your sharing has helped me as Im struggling myself this week with the spiral, found myself double taking a lot of that stuff people have shared, helps me see how my depression floats about. Also dealing with a long drawn out court case against my father and your words have brought me much needed calm and comfort. using my alanon program and sites like this to keep afloat. A friends son comitted suicide in February and the pain is still deep with all of us in our hearts, we are important and we deserve to live, just cos we were born.

My problem is a lack of self-care when I'm depressed and get anxious around my partner whose love and concern trigger fear and anxiety. I currently am on desvenlafaxine and lithium and am thinking I should up the does but hate seeing my doctor cos it takes about 2 hours in the waiting room, plus it must be the depression overwhelming me to take action, again. SO paralysing with certain choices, got mixed wires in my brain and a meh attitude to things. Hard when I feel l make so much ground and progress and then slip back, for me usually I feel grief and loss again and get stuck in it all, pain, mistrust, irritability.

Lean on my Higher Power too, to keep life as precious because I still have the choice to not throw it away.
Old 10-07-2010, 08:21 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Utopia, thank you so much for your response. I truly appreciate it. It has been my experience that something as simple as putting my thoughts down on paper, or in this case keyboard, can be quite cathartic. The bonus is that it can help others going through similar situations. Another great thing is it gives me feedback of others experiences. So with the two combined it seems I feel like I am not alone, there is a solution to my problem, and there is hope. For me the hope is sometimes all I have to hold on to when the times get rough and the emotions of it all overwhelm me. I appreciate everyone here because that hope they provide is sometimes the fine thread that keeps me from committing suicide.

Take care, I am glad you are here.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:31 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I just posted this on another thread. I've got to get this information out! I have cured myself of life-long depression.

Please my friends - Watch this 'you tube' closely.Turn it up and listen carefully. If you want to know more after watching it, I will direct you to the books - I have been studying this issue for a long time. Bill Wison got rejected from his own medical board for trying to promote this and so do I so I. (that's why I don't talk about it!)

I will only tell those who are really interested - why some people continue to relaspe and stay depressed. They say iF Bill had lived another 10 years - this would have been in the Big Book!

It's NOT just about doing the steps and Bill W knew this! Although doing the steps is a very important part of the program. They have learned so much more in the last 50 years about addiction. Let me know what you think? I hope this helps at least one person and I'll be happy. Margee

YouTube - Dr Abram Hoffer
Old 10-12-2010, 07:12 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Margee, although your methods worked for you they do not cure a chemical depression. When body and brain chemicals are not at the right levels no amount of positive thinking is going to do much of anything for that depression. This I know from personal experience.

Addiction and depression are not the same thing. I am an alcohol as well as bipolar, chronic depression, anxiety, and PTSD. Positive thinking is not going to fix that. The Steps of AA are not going to fix anything but my alcoholism and since I have not drank in nearly 10 years and work the program of AA daily I do believe that the Steps help me treat my alcoholism. But they still do not relieve my other mental health issues. Those are caused by brain chemicals being out of wack.

Thank you for your advertisement but I will stick with what my doctor prescribes.

Just for the record I have never "relapsed"
Old 10-13-2010, 12:44 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nandm View Post
Addiction and depression are not the same thing.
I agree Nand - Huggs.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:13 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

girls, this is not an advertisement . It is all about how to fix your brain by using nutrition. I am glad that you are feeling better with your medications. I also, go to the AA meetings for support for my alcoholism, but I found a way (though much research) how to cure my depression naturally. If anyone was interested - I was going to write out the whole program for nothing $00.00, because I care about suffering people - but you see the rejection that comes my way? You did not listen to the you tube carefully, because it is all about nutrition and how Bill w tried to help others, after he found a way (through Dr. hoffer) to cure his own depression. He too was rejected by his own medical board. Chemical depression can be helped with the proper nutrients. they are healing Schizophrenia's now with nutrition.

I really am so sorry that you took this the wrong way. My purpose is to help others. Maybe it will help somebody else that that is looking for a natural way to cure their depression.

Margee
Old 10-13-2010, 03:35 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Margee, if you'd like to start another thread, please do, but understand that anyone who has a chemical imbalance in the brain cannot cure themselves with better nutrition. Please don't make this thread about you.

nandm, I'm sorry they denied disability. I hope you can win on appeal.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:50 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Oh my goodness - I am so sorry for seemingly upsetting anyone. This posting was supposed to be to help others. I am doing wonderful ( I suffered life long depression and that's why I posted this) and I just wanted to help others who were suffering. Anyway -this was never meant to be a debate. Hope you all Have a great day. Margee