Notices

Alcohol and brain

Old 09-13-2009, 11:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Alcohol and brain

Hi buddies,

I posted this one to get some opinions regarding alcohol abuse and the brain function. I would like to know if alcohol lessens the potential of the brain in terms of learning and other things.

When I drink, the following day, I feel slow; I feel unable to carry out my tasks efficiently, it seems to me my memory is weak, stuff like that.
Please, give your opinions.
Old 09-14-2009, 02:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

The studies that I have read indicate that yes, damage is done to the brain and when enough alcohol over a period of time is ingested it can cause long term and/or irreversable changes to the brain. Also consuming alcohol can cause dehydration which in turn reduces the amount of fluid that cushions and surrounds the brain making us more susceptible to head and brain injuries. I do need to place a disclaimer here as I do not have the links to the studies that I have read and am stating these things based on my memory and understanding of what I read.
Old 09-14-2009, 04:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nandm View Post
The studies that I have read indicate that yes, damage is done to the brain and when enough alcohol over a period of time is ingested it can cause long term and/or irreversable changes to the brain. Also consuming alcohol can cause dehydration which in turn reduces the amount of fluid that cushions and surrounds the brain making us more susceptible to head and brain injuries. I do need to place a disclaimer here as I do not have the links to the studies that I have read and am stating these things based on my memory and understanding of what I read.
Thanks for the information. I need to figure it out so as I also help, besides myself, other people since I'm trully determined to quit drinking.

The things we share here, I assume, are better than studying in certain sites considering we are the very "victims" of alcoholism, I mean, I feel much better obtaining orientations right from here other than browsing unknown places... I'm not discarding it, it's also important, I'm just enphasing the idea we may be sure about we share in here.

thanks buddy, take care!