Notices

Bad Day

Old 04-11-2009, 11:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
broken wings

Unhappy Bad Day

I am having a bad day today so I thought I would come here and post.I just hate being confused and scared.I feel so out of control.I hate to say it but death seems comforting these days.....I've been going to counseling for a couple of years now and I'm starting to think there is really something wrong with me(Chemically) I just feel blah I don't know....Anyway thanks for listening just had to get away
Old 04-11-2009, 11:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
To Life!

Well, you've been through a rough time lately, SE,
With your arrest, car accident, and putting the dog down.
Those are some pretty serious things to go through.
Are you still drinking?

I do not know if there's anything chemically wrong or not.
You question that.
But, I do know that alcohol is a depressant.
And it can and will lead to depression when it's abused for a long time.
And when you stop drinking,
It takes time to overcome the effects.

Death is not the answer here.
Your problems, as listed, are able to be overcome.
With work, with determination and with some help from your friends.
You can overcome everything I've seen listed on your previous posts.
It begins with putting down the booze.
And accepting responsibility.

Please realize that the grief process does take time.
And you will go through many different stages as you mourn the loss of your dog.
I've been there.
I'm so sorry.
Time will heal....
And time, well...it just takes time.
We're here for you.

Shalom!
Old 04-11-2009, 01:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
mle-sober

Hang in there. Sometimes, things can turn on a dime for me. I'll be feeling really horrible and then I look up and see the birds flying across the sky or hear a song I love or catch the eye of someone and I can tell they care. Sometimes, a little thing like that can change everything. Or at least give me at least time to take a breath.

I hope you're not drinking. If you're drinking, you practically eliminate your chances of finding your balance and finding hope again. Drinking, for me, is a long, slow suicide. Not drinking, I at least give myself a chance to find a path of recovery in this world - a path that gives me solace. Where I keep learning and growing. Where things matter. Where I matter.

Hang in there. Don't drink. There is nothing wrong with a chemical imbalance. Many of us here at SR have them and take meds. Have you tried medication?
Old 04-11-2009, 08:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
broken wings

Unfortunately I am still drinking so I guess I'm putting all this on myself...Why do we do these things to ourselves.I have never been on any meds I was always against the idea because then that would mean there is something wrong I know how stupid it sounds.I don't know why I always fight for all the wrong reasons.And the things I should be fighting for I just let slip away.I just want to be able to love myself I want things to matter I want to feel free.I know it's up to me and that's why it's so frustrating cause for the life of me I can't seem to make any progress.What a horrible disease.Thanks for your support.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
To Life!

SE,

Please stop drinking. Use whatever program that you find helps -- AA or a secular one. Booze is a depressant and adds to mental health issues if you have one.

Then, be sure to take care of yourself physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually. These are components of the self. Whether you have an endogeneous mental health issue or not, I cannot tell you. But, if you do or not, taking care of the whole self will help your mental health.

Eat well; exercise; get plenty of rest. Treat yourself well; kindly; you deserve it - you are a child of G*D. Learn new things, no matter what it is. From rocket science to basket weaving - keep your mind active. And connect with your Higher Power. Take classes at your local church, mosque or synogogue, whatever.

You may find that this is a big order right now. So, start with just one of them, and build your way up to all four. You'll be surprised how well you'll feel as you begin to care for your total self. And remember, you deserve to feel good! It's how we are supposed to feel!

I look forward to hearing more from you. My puter is about to die, so, I've got to go. It's having a temper tantrum. Something wrong. I just got a new battery pack; guess that's not the problem.

Shalom!