Notices

Twitching

Old 04-05-2009, 12:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Twitching

Sometimes when I have a nervous thought or an intrusive thought un unconsiously twitch my head to the right. It is so annoying and the other day when it happened it really hurt my neck, which I guess is stiff from tension. Anyone else do this or have any recommendations?
Old 04-05-2009, 01:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Mine was caused by the large dose of antidepressant I was on. I went to my Pdoc and we adjusted my medication. I'm off of the antidepressant completely now but that twitching sure scared me.

I hope you can find a solution. It is not fun.
Old 04-05-2009, 02:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
To Life!

I had a hand twitch due to very high levels of meds years ago.
Once I got off all the different types of meds and the rediculous dosages they had me on, it stopped.

Check with your doc.

Shalom!
Old 04-05-2009, 05:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks, I didnt think about the fact it might be the meds, I figured it was anxiety related, I will talk to the doc about that.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Excessive caffiene can also be the cause of these tremors. Many people drink the "energy" drinks which are loaded with caffiene and sugar. Both of these in excess can cause many problems.

I encourage you to speak to your doctor and be sure to also let him know about your eating and drinking habits as well as all medications you are taking both prescription and over the counter.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I twitch sometimes because nearly all the time when I close my eyes a disturbing thought or image enters my mind...I do hope your situation rights itself...and you always have us to talk to! :ghug3
Old 04-07-2009, 11:06 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
To infinity.....AND BEYOND!

Originally Posted by RockyGirl View Post
I twitch sometimes because nearly all the time when I close my eyes a disturbing thought or image enters my mind.
Me too sometimes. I get a full body jerk, sometimes a head twitch or some part of my body whenever one of those thoughts comes in my head. Meds could definitely be a cause. I believe my type of jerk is caused by PTSD as it is most often associated with a childhood trauma. As the others have stated, speaking with your doc is your best bet to finding the trigger.