i am sooooo down

Old 08-13-2003, 08:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Unhappy i am sooooo down

it seems like there is no way out
there are no options
there is no end to the pain
no I will not intentionally commit suicide - BUT if God would let me out - i'd go in a heartbeat! escape is only a breath away!

BAD marriage
bad health, no diagnosis
no way to support myself, no skills, nowhere to go
and all of my friends and family have abandonded me because all of the details of this thing i call my life are so horrific they are overwhelmed. i don't blame them. i'd leave too!
the isolation is hell
PLEASE, someone, anyone, talk to me!?
Old 08-13-2003, 10:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Snd,

Don't be a victim. One of the things common to people who are depressed and have low self-esteem is we tend to see ourselves as victims, with things happening to us, not us causing things to happen. Even when your life is bad, you can still take control, you still have choices.

I choose not to overburden people with the details of my life, because if it's overwhelming for me, I know it will overwhelm them. I come here and talk, or I talk a little about things, enough to get some support, but not so much as to drive others away.

We can actually create rejection for ourselves, and then feel bad that we are being rejected.

Think of one good thing you can do for yourself everyday, and then do it. Even it it's just sitting outside in the fresh air for a little while. Compliment yourself, you are a person who is worthwhile. you have strengths and good qualities. God does not make mistakes, people make mistakes.

I hope I am not coming on too strong, but I used to make myself a victim. I had to learn how to change my thinking.

Juls
Old 08-13-2003, 10:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Also, I would suggest you change your signature. For one thing, it isn't true, there are many worse thing than a broken heart, and also it comes across as thinking like a victim. Am I making sense?

Juls
Old 08-17-2003, 06:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Snd,

We feel like this at times when the depression hits hard. I know this feeling.

May I suggest something? How about organizing things a bit better so it won´t be so overwhelming? Sometimes it´s good to take one bad thought out and do something about it. Prioritize. You cannot take on the world all by yourself at once. You need support and strenght while you´re so down.

Believe me, girl, there are always options. Even in a prison camp you have the option of not breaking your spirit. Let´s take this one step at a time. Find out about a support group in your area and try to make that one little step - I know it can seem huge - to contact some one to help. How about calling a doctor? Try to put all the other bad things on hold.

Let me know how you´re doing and don´t feel too bad. We all feel like victims at time and it´s only human. The trick is to turn it around and find inner strength. It´s in you somewhere if you only let it through.

The bad feeling will pass, you´ll see.

Use adversity
Old 08-17-2003, 09:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

Lilya,
Thank you for the kind advise. You are right. I see both a psych. and a neurologist on the 20th - hopefully there will be some answers or at least some help. God has always been there for me I just forget to look up at Him...duhhh! I couldn't have survived this long without His help. For that matter the psych. has told me my faith is why I am still alive - he got my attention LOL
Old 08-18-2003, 01:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Snd,

I am glad to see you. I was worried that my reply had chased you away entirely, and I apologize for coming on strong.

Lilya has given some good suggestions. Having faith can be very important in getting through these rough times. I didn't use to have it, but I am learning to have it.

Please let us know what the docs have to say, and how you are after your visits.

Juls
Old 08-18-2003, 05:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Snd,

I was glad to hear that you´re feeling a bit better - at least you have taken the step to see a shrink and a neurologist. That´s great! I look forward to hear about your visit.

After that, you can start to tackle all the other stuff that depresses you. I have found that one bad thing leads to another, partly because my thinking gets all muddled and life overwhelms me.

I have also found that my Higher Power is working when I least expects it. And remember, feeling bad is often a sign that things will change - because you make the changes. We have a saying in France that God helps people who help themselves. I firmly believe that. You´re right, God has not forgotten about you.

And I don´t believe for a moment you have no skills. It´s just hard to find them or find out what´s right for you when you´re depressed.

Love and light,

Use adversity