Notices

Self admit.

Old 01-29-2009, 03:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Self admit.

What do I have to do if I need to voluntarily admit myself?

I don't even know who to call or how to get there.

How much does it cost?

Are there free options?

I have no insurance.

I'm going to go to work today and cross my fingers...if I can't calm down, I need to do something. I feel like a room full of explosive gas...all it's going to take is a spark. Right now I have the urge to destroy things. If it gets to the point to where I'm going to hurt me or someone else, what do I do?

I haven't had anything to drink yet, but I really feel like I need something. I'm pretty tight right now...
Old 01-29-2009, 03:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am sorry you feel so bad you are considering this Bam.

I don't know but I would assume the best thing to do would be to go to see your normal Doctor.
Old 01-29-2009, 04:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Dismember

When I admitted myself all I did was walk into the Cardiology department of the hospital and asked them where the Psychiatric department was. I was kind of desperate at the time and wouldn't recommend my route.

Do you know where a hospital is in your area? I would check for their number, even just a general info number? If you think your situation is not immediately urgent (I wouldn't stall if you're really worried about harming yourself or someone else) then you might check for something like a community health organization near you. Call any psychiatrist, United Way or a hospital and I'm sure they'll be able to refer you.

I didn't have insurance. I had a social worker help me get full coverage. Your situation is going to depend on your (geographic) state and your own personal economics.

I wish you luck. For me it was a very good but hard decision to make.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
ßrêå†hïñg

I think it definitely depends on where you're located. Here where I live, we just drive to the institution and walk in. They make it clear that all financial issues will be sorted after you're treated. Yes, I still owe them money but they haven't turned me in to collections or anything.

Good luck to you.