Notices

Goals...

Old 08-04-2003, 12:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

Goals...

Thought I'd post my goal(s) for the week, so I can get feedback/support and maybe remind myself to stick with my goals.

I believe this week I am going to write a list of all the negative self-talk I do and come up with positive reinforcers to replace the stinkin thinkin. Then I will attempt to eliminate one negative "voice" at a time....

Thanks for being here ya all!!!~Love you guys....
Old 08-04-2003, 01:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey 2Stop,

That is a great goal. Especially writing it down. I remember in the beginning I wasn't even aware of all the negative self-talk I had going on in my mind. In the old days it was called "the committee."

It really helped me alot when I learned how to give myself positive self-talk. Especially with my anxiety attacks.

My goal for the week is to start packing to get ready to move, without letting myself get all stressed out.

Juls
Old 08-04-2003, 01:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

Moving is a big stress, we are looking to buy my dad's house and I am not looking forward to the packing and sorting of everything..used to I could do it so fast, not anymore. Be sure and take extra good care of yourself, maybe get a massage to help with muscle tension and all.
Old 08-04-2003, 01:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

This is avery good idea.

Negative self-talk is usually worse than we think and it really affects us. I was once tought to fill out a logbook like you do on a ship. I believe I will be doing that to.

I´m on the road again, this time with two of my nieces, 14 and 12. We are going to my cousin´s house in the South of France and friend of mine is there with her three kids. We´ll be camping and watching music festivals and we intend to listen to a good blues in these good old hellholes while the kids hang out. The problem with my older niece is that she has discovered boys and reacts to them like wildfire... a problem I know from my younger days all too well!

I will be tolerant this week and I will check Aurore´s language as well. It´s the most negative talk I´ve heard. Everything is "boring", "awful", "too terrible" etc.

Good luck with your move, Juls. I will think about you. I have moved about 20-30 times myself... and survived it. So will you.

Use adversity
Old 08-04-2003, 01:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

Lilya, have a safe and fun trip!!!~
Old 08-04-2003, 02:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Lilya,

I'm so amazed at how much you travel. One of the things I have a hard time with because of my anxiety or whatever is traveling. It's very hard for me to sleep in an unfamiliar place. It's better now, but for a long time I didn't go anywhere.

Have fun, it sounds great. I know how that teenage thing is. The thing that really drives me crazy is if you ask them a question about anything, the standard reply seems to be "I don't know."

Juls
Old 08-04-2003, 06:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Juls, it´s necessary for me to travel. I didn´t leave Paris for a whole year when I had my last depressive episode, and this is like a medicine, breath of fresh air and to remind me this is my nature. I grew up travelling all over Spain with my family who were artists and lived with other artists. The surest sign of depression is that I cannot travel, but now I´m really into it again. A good sign, although it does get me anxious.. But that´s my last trip of the summer, then back to work.

Yes, my older niece is forever saying "I don´t know", but I like it even worse when she feigns indifference over everything else but boys! But tolerance will be my guide this week.
Use adversity
Old 08-05-2003, 06:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

I'm the opposite I guess..I feel the safyest when I stay on the move(or the run ). It's when I am alone, in one place that anxiety really eats me up, which is kinda odd because riding in a car makes me nervous, and leaving the house is so hard most the time..I think it's a way for me "escape" and not have to face myself, if I can just keep moving...I like to fly, but not until we are all the way up, I hate take-off, but get me up in the clouds and I feel close to heaven!!~ None of those small, so-called puddle-jumper planes, good grief they are so bouncy and rough riding it just terrifies me the whole time...