Notices

Up and then down, repeat.

Old 01-14-2009, 04:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Up and then down, repeat.

It's four thirty am and I'm wide awake. My sleep schedule is still out of whack and I'm starting to become very concerned, this is the longest it's been this way (3 weeks now).
Earlier today I was in a really good mood and felt really 'excited' when I went to bed. Then my mind drifted off to some recent bad times and now I feel like sh*t and I'm awake. I have a full day tomorrow (I mean today), including meeting with my new counselor (2nd session) and I'm worried I'll be so out of it from the lack of sleep that I won't be able to have a good session with her.
I refuse to take any sleep medications.
I am very afraid of medications after a horrible experience with Paxil, 8 years ago.
I think I may definitely have a sleep disorder at this point. I am going to try to cut back on coffee, smoking and computer-usage and get more exercise from now on. It's so hard, when those first three are my only vices!

Thanks, just needed to share!

LD
Old 01-14-2009, 03:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
live to ride ride to live

I've been moody too along with sleep for a few hours at a time. I'm keeping in close touch with my docs and using my DBT skills along with taking my meds. still I have to choose to be healthy and do healthy things.

try meditation before bed it might relax you enough to fall and stay asleep
Old 01-14-2009, 03:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
To Life!

I can't have coffee or caffine in the afternoon at all, else I'll be up in the middle of the night. I have two cups in the morning; maybe a third, but, that's it. I'm on my third day without smoking again. Smoking makes me cough, and wakes me up. So, both cause me sleep disturbance.

Exercise is very good, but, there is a caveat. Do *not* exercise within three-four hours of bed time. It stimulates you. So, you won't be able to sleep if you exercise right before bedtime. But, regular exercise is known to help you sleep sounder. So, do get into a routine.

I use the computer without any problem. In fact, too many nights, I fall asleep with my laptop on my lap!

Good luck to you. There's some information about sleep hygene on the insomnia forum. I hope you'll take a look over there before you go for medication.

Shalom!
Old 01-18-2009, 04:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I was up all night!

Wish I would have come here and read and been "not alone"

this up and down, and around, and all over, just to get up, and then sink......

well, I have never talked to anyone about it.

FF
Old 01-18-2009, 05:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
To Life!

freeflyin,

You'll find much good information on sleep hygene on the insomnia forum.
Here's a link for you:
Insomnia/Nightmares - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
I hope it helps!
I used to have majory problems untill I started taking seriously the suggestions about sleep hygene. they help.
Hope you try them.
Let us know how it goes for you!

Shalom!
Old 01-18-2009, 05:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

thanks and I will do some reading and learning...

there seems to be a part of me that enjoys the drama and then a part of me that hates the anguish

FF
Old 01-19-2009, 04:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Alcohol is a cruel mistress!!!

I have had sleep issues for many years. I choose to use a med. otherwise I become so exhausted and crabby I can't be a good Mom. I have tried natural things without much success. You may want to try Melatonin since you object to medications. My sister has luck with it. I am not a Dr. just a nurse so as always speak to a professional even a pharmacist could help u since u fear meds. I just feel for anyone who can't sleep I use to get in such bad cycles my life was so effected. Natural things do work for some. I hope u get some rest soon.... Take care, Kerry