Notices

Trying to hold it together...

Old 07-21-2003, 11:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

Trying to hold it together...

I woke up this morning and forced myself to get some things done, now I am ready to scream and pull my hair out! I feel like I will never ever beat this depresion and anxiety. I hid for so long behind drugs that I just have to learn to cope again I guess, I am not craving any drugs, just feel like crawling in a hole somewhere! I am really trying to not give it much legitimacy by focusing on how I feel, but when I let myself feel all the feelings so I can let them go.. I feel really really out of control.. I know ya all have worked through this stuff and I cling to the hope that others have learned to cope with depression and so can i. I just still doubt myself.
Old 07-21-2003, 02:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

Well, I worked through what I was feling and accomplished some goals today!! Nothing really big to a normal person, but big to me nevertheless! Maybe I'll get the hang of all this recovery stuff yet!!
Old 07-21-2003, 04:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Tammie,

Good going! Great work!

I was thinking about you and maybe the charm of Italy has somehow managed to glide into your mind.

At least I hope so. These episodes are always so difficult to cope with. But they do pass. And it´s unfortunately true that depression happens sometimes in sobriety. All the more reason to stick together, share advice and get it together.

Love and light,
Use adversity
Old 07-21-2003, 04:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

My mom is Italian and was born in NYC, she was adopted so I don't know my real grandparents on her side, but I sometimes imagine maybe they live/lived in Italy. I am going to visit there one day. I was watching the Today show from there a few years ago and in Florence there is a bridge that depicts the Capricorn sign, I'm a Capricorn and I really want to get a painting and a picture of it! Hope your day is going great!!!
Old 07-21-2003, 06:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

2Stop,

It really is fantastic that you were able to get past some of those feelings and get some things accomplished. It is a big deal. I know it's a big deal for me when I'm going through it, because sometimes I just give in and don't accomplish anything. At least when I force myself to do things, while I still may feel bad, I know I went on anyway, and it makes me feel better.

You already have the hang of this "recovery stuff." I can tell by the things you say, and what you do.

Juls
Old 07-22-2003, 12:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

I want to thank you Juls and Lilya for always encouraging me, I appreciate you guys more than I can tell you in words alone.
Hope ya all are having a splendid day!!
Old 07-24-2003, 04:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

2Stop,

We are all her for each other, and I'm happy that you are feeling supported on this forum.

Juls
Old 07-24-2003, 04:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

How's your week going Juls? I have to say I am making some progress this week that makes me feel more confident that I can succeed.