Notices

Zyprexa?? and Weight?

Old 08-25-2007, 08:37 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
A picture's worth a 1000 words

i think i remember now...why i didn't remember this med......

Seraquel, Lexapro, Zyprexa....all on my "Done-with-it" list! LOL

The seraquel did the exact same thing to me about waking up craving sweets at all hours. Lexapro just sucks all around...i know too many people who it's done them no good what so ever.

Zyprexa...yeah....i told the state-salaried pdoc i would NOT take it as i'd heard no good things about it either..and lots, and LOTS of bad...including the "zombie" affect. And when you're most basic struggle is one of staying awake for more than an hour a day....ummmmm....yeah. NO THANKS!!

He argued with me over 2-3 visits and he finally excused me from receiving ANY services from the clinic at all...as i was "non-compliant". Freaking idiot...i told him i would be open to other meds as there are tons out there....just not those 3.

he continued prescribing Zyprexa to nearly everyone who walked into his office...until he quit a few months after being hired.

freaking idiots....these docs....not all, but some....
Old 08-25-2007, 11:20 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

[QUOTE=shutterbug;1463536]i think i remember now...why i didn't remember this med......

Seraquel, Lexapro, Zyprexa....all on my "Done-with-it" list! LOL

~~~~~~~
LOL! THAT'S a good one..

The seraquel did the exact same thing to me about waking up craving sweets at all hours. Lexapro just sucks all around...i know too many people who it's done them no good what so ever.
~~~~~~~~

Yea, everyone I know on serquel has the same problem, It's funny in a way how powerful that drug is with food. I remember one time going to the store because sometimes theres no food in my house, and in middle of the night, I was like, omg, I need food!!

Zyprexa...yeah....i told the state-salaried pdoc i would NOT take it as i'd heard no good things about it either..and lots, and LOTS of bad...including the "zombie" affect. And when you're most basic struggle is one of staying awake for more than an hour a day....ummmmm....yeah. NO THANKS!!
~~~~~~~~~

Oh, I'm so glad you said that about the zombie affect. Because that is how I felt for four days, three days were bad... My doctor said that it would go away. But I was only on 2.5 mgs. and it was way worse than seroquel. There was no way I could work or drive like that, I was at my desk using my hand to hold my head up, then moving from couch to couch to take naps. No amount of cafeinne helped.
He told me it shouldn't be that bad, more or less like I was exagerating because I didn't want to take them, so I wondered if I was. But I really did want it to work if it could, and I didn't think I was exergerating, my feel felt heavy.
I'm just sticking to my two meds, and exercising, and hoping this works, so far it's working well... I'm excited.

lol, Your doctor sounds a bit crazy. Good for you for sticking up for yourself.
This is actually the first time, I have stuck up for myself when it has come to meds, I usually just let them do what they think, but I got too sick on them at Xmas, they had me on like 8 pills, I was a mess. Never again....

~~~~~~~~~~~~

No offense ladyamalthea. I can see why you'd think that, lots of people think that, but the grass is always greener. I've been as close to suicide as you can get because of my ed, it's not better on this side until you get control of it, just like anything else, but in the midst of it, it's a living hell, and I always used to wish I was dead when I was going through it. I know what you mean though, binging sucks. Any eating problem sucks. Eating is a hard thing. Just when I think I got it down, and I'm not afraid anymore, BAM! lol, it's right back on my shoulder with the devil and his pitchfork.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:28 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Oh, absolutely. I remember you sharing parts of your story with me when I first came here, and I know you haven't had it easy. I know it was silly of me to envy you for your the reasons I did, even for that split second. I guess sometimes I just want so badly to not be grossly obese that anything else sounds good... and that is wrong of me. It definitely does not help me to get any closer to escaping the pitchforks aimed at me lol.

Thanks for being so understanding, as always. Your recovery is such an inspiration to me.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:39 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

what happened to the little thanky buttons? Are mine the only ones that have disappeared? i like the little thanky buttons...i miss them when they disappear
Old 08-26-2007, 10:42 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

No, there is a glitch, and the thanks button wasn't working, so I guess they took it out for now. Hopefully it'll be back soon, b/c I miss being able to thank people.
Old 08-26-2007, 11:01 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

i had noticed that i couldn't even access SR at all for most of yesterday....guess maybe that had some connection. Seems they've had problems before with the thanky buttons...i just hope they don't give up and take them away for good....hope, hope.
Old 08-26-2007, 01:57 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
To Life!

Jenna,
When the site went down yesterday, it caused a malfunction in some of the thingies...those buttons.
MG is trying to fix it with an update, but, so far, no luck....

Shalom!