Notices

My husband is bi-polar and drinking on meds!!!!

Old 05-19-2003, 03:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My husband is bi-polar and drinking on meds!!!!

My husband is drinking when he is manic. Doesn't this defeat the purpose of taking the meds? Does anyone here know anything about rapid-cycling? He cycles about once a week. Manic for two days then depressed for 2 and norman for 4 then it starts over again. Is it because he can't stabilize because of the alcohol? I am trying to understand all of this and can't. Somebody please help.......

Oh yeah....have noticed ephedrine tabs in the ashtray of the car....why?

2many2count
Old 05-19-2003, 04:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

i am so sorry to hear the struggles you are going through. I waS DX with bipolar as a teen and was on meds and would also use and drink and it did cause me to cycle viciously fast. The ephedrine tablets would sometimes help me to achieve a manic stage while feeling down. I just wanted to let you know you are on my thoughts and prayers. I don't have magic words to comfort your pain, wish I did though. I cry so ahrd sometimes these posts of how the spouses of the addicted are so exhausted and at the end of their rope. I put my husband through hell and while I can't change the past I will work today to better myself and I hope to offer someone else any encouragement I can.
many hugs and hope too,
Tammie
Old 05-19-2003, 05:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Tammie,
Thank you for your response. Life gets tough sometimes but I'm trying to stay strong. Now, i understand the Ephedrine thing. Thanks.

2many2count