Notices

Depression Sucks

Old 11-01-2006, 07:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Depression Sucks

I have depression and i am on medicine, but the pass two weeks my depression has got worse. I am so tired, but can't sleep stuff. I have been so emotional. I have spent the last three years in bed currled up in a ball and on the verge of crying yet again. Is there anything I can do to help or make it easier to deal with right now.

Shana
Old 11-01-2006, 07:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by renee18
I have depression and i am on medicine, but the pass two weeks my depression has got worse. I am so tired, but can't sleep stuff. I have been so emotional. I have spent the last three years in bed currled up in a ball and on the verge of crying yet again. Is there anything I can do to help or make it easier to deal with right now.

Shana
Hi Shana!

God it is so good to see you. I too suffer from depression and sometimes it acts up anyway even with the medication that I am on. I know sometimes I have to just accept the way that I am feeling at the time. It isn't always easy because I like to get into self pity which isn't good either. You might need to change you anti-D's, might want to talk to you doctor. I do hope however that you find peace.

Love And Respect

Vic
Old 11-02-2006, 02:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes, even with medication, it can act up, I agree. Plus I think some degree of depression here/now happens to everyone. But if this continues much longer, you need to go see your doctor. You might need to change medications like the other poster suggested. Try to do something you enjoy, get out of the house. That helps me a lot.
Old 11-03-2006, 09:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A picture's worth a 1000 words

i'm sure you know that medicating depression isn't an exact science..in anyway shape or form....so it's important to see a pdoc on a regular basis (preferrably once a month or more often if possible) to keep a close eye on how you are doing and adjust or change your meds as needed.

Gratitude.....find at lease 1 thing each day to be thankful for. (even that you haven't ran out of toilet paper yet)

ECT....is an option you might talk to a good and very qualified pdoc about...and do some internet research on. It can be very successful and the risks involved are often quite less than those involved with the meds we put in our bodies.

Don't ever let yourself give up.....you know that it's not the same every day and that there ARE days when things are better. Focus on those days and be patient while in the bad ones.

Give it over to a higher power.....even if that be the universe or the wind or whatever....hand it over and know that it will be taken care of in the way it is meant to be.

And keep coming here....and talking.

Most of all.....don't give up....hang in there. You can do it. And it's definetly worth it!
Old 11-04-2006, 07:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

thanks everyone. THings are improving little by little. Gratitude list is a great thing to do things.

Today is a better day.

Vic glad to hear from you hope all is well
Old 11-04-2006, 10:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Shana many times with chronic depression it takes many tries with many different anti-depressants to find the one that will work for you. I have lost count of how many different anti depressants my pdoc prescribed to help me get out of that HORRIBLE DEEP ABYSS that I was in.

We have finally found one that has been working GREAT for me for well over 2 years now. Yes, my dose does get adjusted periodically, but it's still working and for that I am EXTREMELY GRATEFUL. It's the same on that Vic just started recently. And yes, I will say it here, it has done WONDERS for Vic, even if he doesn't always think so...............................Luv ya Vic!!!!

Shana there have been some great suggestions here so far. Now I know how hard it can be, when at the bottom of the abyss, however, if you can get yourself up and out for a walk each day, especially when you don't want to, it will make a big difference.

I know that in the past at my worst I would make plans to go for a walk in the morning after I got up, and sometimes it would take me all day to get up and get showered, etc and it would be very late afternoon before I went for my walk. But I forced myself, and pretty soon my daily walk was getting longer and longer.

Please stay in CLOSE contact with your pdoc. Keep posting here and let us know how you are doing, we do care very much.

Have a great day for you today!!!!!!

Love and hugs,
Old 11-04-2006, 12:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

So glad to hear you are doing better!!