Notices

need support

Old 10-30-2006, 07:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

need support

i need support for my depression. i am not really suffering right now, but with everything going on with my cousin it is hard. then my ex decides to lie to me bout him being in a relationship and the fact he cheated on me as well. a lot of **** with friends suck too. i'm feeling myself slipping but i don't want to cause i don't want to worry some people.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
To Life!

Lovelife;

Life can sneak up on us sometimes, that's for sure.
So, to hold off depression symptoms, we need to care for ourselves. I focus on four areas:
Physical, Mental, Emotional and Spiritual.
Each day, do something in each of these areas for yourself. Eat well, and exercise; read a book or learn something new; use positive affirmations or chat with a friend; pray, meditate. These are just examples. You know what is important for you. So, adapt the specifics to the general in ways that help you.

Wishing you luck, and remember, you deserve to be happy too!

Shalom!
Old 10-31-2006, 08:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I don't know your situation, but anytime we are under stress, depression can come in. I think stress exacerbates mine, I think it does for a LOT of people. In fact, think it is a causitive factor in many.

Take care of yourself. Be gentle. Pray. one day at a time. Easy does it...

Old 10-31-2006, 05:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lovelife
i need support for my depression. i am not really suffering right now, but with everything going on with my cousin it is hard. then my ex decides to lie to me bout him being in a relationship and the fact he cheated on me as well. a lot of **** with friends suck too. i'm feeling myself slipping but i don't want to cause i don't want to worry some people.
historyteach is good, isn't she? She's really got that wisdom going on. Quality posts, every one.

Trish. You keep saying you don't to worry "others." That's magnanimous of you, but keeps every tiny thing, I would imagine, bottled in.

Here, for the first time I've spotted you broaching "slipping." Please tell us more. What is a slip for Trish? The depression? Anorexia? Share share share.

-TCD-
Old 10-31-2006, 05:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Slipping for me is the depression and a lil of the anorexia (if that is what you call my problems with weight). When I know I screw stuff up I tend to punish myself with not eating much(cutting back portions) or I don't snack. I know one person on this board, and I know he worries about me(and we only talk online). I hate it when my friends worry and just talking about my problems because I have been told to my face that I do it for attention, which is not the truth. I have suffered with depression since 10th grade, i'm now in my thrid year of college. I just don't know what to do. I feel like I'm going to break down and it scares me.
Old 10-31-2006, 05:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Ok.

Hi, me again. Loving you and concerned, whether you want it or not.

Harvested these words from you in the Eating Disorders forum: "i am 5 foot 2 and i went from 148 to 136 in 3 months. then i went from 136-126 in a month then down to 115 in a lil over a week. i am now back up to 120, but i am not sure if i am border line annerexic. the doc gave me that impression by having me come in to weight myself and stuff."

I don't know what to say here, this is not really any area of expertise for me.

Can somebody weigh in (sorry for that pun, hon lol) for her? She's dropped 30 lbs. in a few months - sounds like could be depression? Stressed out?

I'm confident you'll get some other opinions and support now.

-TCD-
Old 10-31-2006, 05:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I hope, my parents don't care that much. The funny thing is, there is someone I met online and he is on this board too, and he cares more than my own family so he is known as "daddy" to me. Thanks for the support TCD
Old 10-31-2006, 05:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Wow, we posted over each other up there - looks like I nailed it, though.
Old 10-31-2006, 05:42 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

you did....just scared to talk to people about it.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:05 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Unhappy Update on me today

I guess I better update you all on me now. I have struggled a lot today. Found out my ex played me definately now for a fool, and it hurts bad. I have been put down so many time this week. I miss my cousin and it sucks everything that is happeneing. I am having the major migraines again and my shakes and I dunno why. I hate not having friends who I can count on and I am falling appart. I keep crying but no one seems to care. I am trying hard to keep a promise I made to Okietiger about not thinking bout hurting myself, but sometimes I wonder would he even care. I wonder if anyone would really care if I was gone. I'm not wanting to really hurt myself, but I want to drink again. I drank one night and it felt so good, I ended up drinking a lot though. I dunno, I need an escape.
Old 10-31-2006, 07:08 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I guess part of me is scared that people will turn on me when they find out the truth. Yes, I've tried to kill myself before. Yes, I think about it at times. Yes, I punish myself with cutting back food. I am very insecure when it comes to trust and friends. I am scared everyone is only nice to me cause they know bout my issues, so they can be nice. I have had a boyfriend like that too. I just don't trust people anymore. I only trust a few people. I dunno, maybe I am just weird.