Notices

Marijuana abuse: blank staring

Old 06-15-2021, 09:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Marijuana abuse: blank staring

Hello everyone. I started smoking marijuana since 1998. Was a long period of using and since 2001 I started using antidepressants, so I used combined with the weed.

Since 2012 I started to have this feeling, this symptom (as described by another user in a related post), during playing videogames. I used to smoke and play a lot, for several hours with no stopping. The symptom started as a blank staring and the eyes going sort of unfocus on the screen. Since then the smoking and playing is not fun anymore and these symptoms just got worse and worse. I have lack of attention and a kind of emptyness feeling, sometimes (for many times per day) my mind just goes blank and I have this tendency of staring to nothing and eyes get blurry and unfocused. Last 2 years Im feeling deeply tired and that time is not enough to do everything I need to do, like I cant distribute time for my tasks properly. EVEN QUITTING FOR 4 YEARS, DOESNT HELP.

Well. I know that is much information. But I went in many doctors, made so many exams and tried a lot of medications and therapies. Nothing worked for me. As I said, I dont smoke for 4 years and since the symptoms began (2012) I reduced the smoking drastically (like smoking only at weekends or special ocasions). The only thing I never tried is CBD/Hemp oil. I suspect that I could have absence seizures. I found an article relating seizures to marijuana abuse, that was reported on a case envolving a 44 years male pacient.

Well if anyone has symptoms like that and found any interesting solution please share with me. I really need to work/live better and have some peace.

Thanks.
Old 06-15-2021, 10:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I've spaced out before but not long term and only when I was using, so I haven't had symptoms like that but someone else here may have, Alonzo.
Did you ever do Spice (synthetic weed)? I've seen threads from Spice users with similar problems.

Have you taken your concerns about these possible absence seizures to a doctor?

D
Old 06-16-2021, 06:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I've spaced out before but not long term and only when I was using, so I haven't had symptoms like that but someone else here may have, Alonzo.
Did you ever do Spice (synthetic weed)? I've seen threads from Spice users with similar problems.

Have you taken your concerns about these possible absence seizures to a doctor?

D
No I never did spices. I went in many different kind of doctors. And tried many kinds of medications. Nothing helps.
Old 06-16-2021, 01:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I’m sorry to hear that no doctors have helped so far Alonzo.
sometimes it takes a lot of doctors and a lot of time to find out what’s wrong with us.

I believe that prolonged drug abuse can change our brains, and that the effects of those changes vary from person to person.

You may have not met the right dr yet.

A normal dr for example will probably not order up an MRI to observe your brain. You might need a medico with a background in addiction.

Also...Your problem maybe connected to past marijuana use or it might be caused by something else completely different.

That kind of prolonged non responsive staring can be associated with epilepsy for example.

I’m not a doctor and I’m not diagnosing you with epilepsy, or suggesting you need an MRI....just suggesting that it may be any number of things in play here....however long you’ve been looking for answers now it might take a little longer to find them?

Stay clean and don’t give up looking for help man

D
Old 06-16-2021, 07:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yeah, I'm gonna agree with Dee, it might not be connected to marijuana use. I've smoked a lot of grass in my time and I've never had anything like that except if I was stoned and zoned out for a minute or something.