Notices

Need encouragement

Old 09-10-2018, 01:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need encouragement

Been smoking concentrates for 2 years. I've only had flower for the last week and I'm already feeling withdrawal symptoms. No sleep is the worst. I'm quitting completely when I run out which is soon. I'd love to hear from anyone who was able to quit very heavy use....
Old 09-10-2018, 05:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I smoked from 15-40. I was a daily smoker for most of that - and all day everyday smoker when I could afford the time and money.

I gave daily use up when I moved into new living arrangements but didn't give up totally until I gave up booze in 2007, so it's been over a decade now.

It was hard but not impossible - the mental cravings were the worst,. but support helps.

I know everyone doesn't want to give up until it's all gone, but I hope you'll consider tossing out what you have left and starting today.

It would be a great investment in your future?

D
Old 09-11-2018, 07:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi ByHisLove. Welcome to the forum!
Heavy smokers can expect some withdrawal symptoms. You will test positive up to 3 months. I was one of the unfortunate ones where withdrawal took the whole 3 months. You can read about it in my thread "Here we go...again"
I suggest reading here a lot. And post. Complain all you want. We are here to support.
It will be hard, but rest assured the benefits are worth it. The freedom is FANTASTIC!
Best of luck!
Old 09-11-2018, 08:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I smoked from 15-40. I was a daily smoker for most of that - and all day everyday smoker when I could afford the time and money.

I gave daily use up when I moved into new living arrangements but didn't give up totally until I gave up booze in 2007, so it's been over a decade now.

It was hard but not impossible - the mental cravings were the worst,. but support helps.

I know everyone doesn't want to give up until it's all gone, but I hope you'll consider tossing out what you have left and starting today.

It would be a great investment in your future?

D
Thank you. I know I should toss it and be done. I just keep trying to justify it by thinking its lessening my withdrawal when it could just be prolonging it. I'm just scared I guess. I've been through quitting opiates and alcohol but the anxiety of quitting weed is really getting to me. I blow up for no reason and I hate it.
Old 09-11-2018, 08:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lynnmarie123 View Post
Hi ByHisLove. Welcome to the forum!
Heavy smokers can expect some withdrawal symptoms. You will test positive up to 3 months. I was one of the unfortunate ones where withdrawal took the whole 3 months. You can read about it in my thread "Here we go...again"
I suggest reading here a lot. And post. Complain all you want. We are here to support.
It will be hard, but rest assured the benefits are worth it. The freedom is FANTASTIC!
Best of luck!
Thank you! I love how you said freedom! I hate being a slave to this! Thank you so much for your support.
Old 01-31-2019, 09:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I was a heavy marijuana user for about 15 years before I moved onto alcohol and harder drugs. I am clean and sober now over 20 years. Marijuana is an insidious drug which is baffling, cunning and powerful just like alcohol. Stay strong. You will be happy you did.
Old 01-31-2019, 10:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome!

I am just over two months clean from marijuana, and understand exactly what you're going through. Weed has such a weird reputation, especially in 2019 as it's becoming rapidly more accepted in the mainstream and legalized on different levels in lots of areas...but something I've learned here on these forums, an addict is an addict is an addict, and not only that, but I think the negative effects of marijuana in particular are often overlooked.

I was a daily smoker, all day every day if I could, and just the *thought* of being *close to* running out would send me into a panic. It's tough, but now that I've gotten some time under my belt...well, I won't say things are easy all the time (far from it) or perfect, but there is a great strength in the clarity that comes from abstaining. My sleep has actually improved, and slowly but surely, I'm starting to feel more at ease without the help of this drug I'd spent so many years relying on to function.

You're in good company here....you can do this, and you have lots of support!