Notices

hi all

Old 05-25-2018, 01:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hi all

Hi guys i have been posting in the alcohol section these past few days so thought i'd start here aswell since i have both addictions. I stopped both am on day 3 clean now but i kept weed on me last few days incase i couldn't cope with alcohol withdrawal. Today i did something iv'e never done and threw the weed down the toilet. I must admit it didn't feel as good as i thought and am now struggling.
Old 05-25-2018, 01:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey someday, welcome! You did the right thing, congrats! May it be the beggining of your new and better life. Hang in there and count on us.
Old 05-25-2018, 06:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to the forum, Someday!
Not gonna lie, it's going to be tough for a while. But hang in there, it will get better.
I found this phrase helped me a lot when I quit. "I CAN do this!"
Every time I wanted to give in, I said it to my self 3 times, with great emphasis on the last time.
And you CAN do this!
Read around here a lot, post a lot if it helps you.
Ask questions, seek advice.
We're here.
Old 05-25-2018, 07:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

thats a great start someday - welcome to the forum

D
Old 05-25-2018, 07:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It is hard. Harder for me than alcohol. I'm now at 68 days weed free. First pro, saving so much money. Secondly, less anxiety around trying to sneak it, carrying it in my car and purse, etc. Third, I'm finding other ways to cope. All mind altering substances take us out of the present moment. Even cigarettes which will be my last vice to tackle. I want to be present. I want to feel alive just being me, wherever I am, whatever I'm doing. I hated running out and being upset about it. I don't want any substance to run my life anymore. This is the first time I've ever voluntarily given up weed. Even today I had terrible cramps and wanted to go get some. I'm glad i didn't. It will be worth it in the long run, my friend.
Old 05-26-2018, 03:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

thanks alot guys. i'm struggling really bad here. i'm having horrible dreams so real i can't handle it. i was smoking away etc and felt so real i wake up every half hour during the night. when i got up this morning my brain was so fogged with racing thoughts from all the dreams i just felt like crying. i was so close to texting my friend to get abit to see me through as have stopped alcohol aswell. then the very friend has just text me wanting to go to lunch. i fear i'm too weak with all thats happened to me lately to stop both these things at once (and gambling which is my strongest addiction). But i know deep down one will eventually lead to the others. can't face these dreams anymore though my head is a mess.
Old 05-26-2018, 07:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You're dreaming already!!! That is fantastic! It took me weeks to have dreams back again. That means you are detoxing.
Help this process along with sweaty exercise and clean eating. The quicker you get that poison out of your system, the quicker you'll feel better.
Just stick with it. It will get better, I promise.
Old 05-26-2018, 08:36 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

The nightmares will go away in a few weeks. Hang in there!
Old 05-26-2018, 10:58 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

thanks guys am still hanging in there was so close to getting weed and alcohol and destructing as i recently split with my wife. I had a crazy crying fit earlier just couldn't stop its the first time iv'e ever cried. My brain must be starting to process emotions after a lifetime of escape from reality. The hardest part for me now is that now that i'm sober in every way i really feel true love for her. I know that it was the addictions and my behaviour on them especially alcohol that finally drove her away is just so sad but has made me want to fight these evils even more.
Old 05-27-2018, 12:13 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yeah keep moving forward someday - it all gets better

D
Old 05-27-2018, 12:59 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome! And hang in there! The first period of abstinence felt so weird for me and it must feel the same way for you too. Take it day by day, keep confidence that it will get better and just remember: don't light up. It sounds so easy yet it can be so very tricky. This is not the way you will feel for the rest of your life. It's just a phase. Post here ten times a day if you need to. It will help you in the future when you can read back on your own voyage.

Stay strong!
Old 05-27-2018, 01:30 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

thanks guys you've been an amazing help day 5 nearly done coming off 3 things at once is mind boggling feel like i'm hanging by a thread mentally but I want to find and know the real me so badly i just gotta keep going.
Old 05-27-2018, 04:11 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

you can do this someday147
D
Old 05-27-2018, 07:47 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi someday,

Glad to hear you're battling through this. I'm sorry to hear that you're hanging by a thread mentally. Would you say that you're white-knuckling it/relying solely on willpower at this point? If so, I encourage you to seek out some extra support or help. The first time I quit, I relied solely on willpower, and the process was much tougher than it had to be.

I do think you have some things going for you at this point. For one, you seem to be intrinsically motivated, something that is conducive to long-term success. And two, you've made it almost a week without smoking. Keep telling yourself that if you made it through yesterday without smoking, then you can make it through today. Cravings also happen, and they're quite natural. You can acknowledge their existence while knowing that they just because they're there, you don't have to indulge them, regardless of how powerful they are.
Old 05-28-2018, 06:12 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

well at the minute I am just using willpower and waiting on addiction therapy starting not sure when that will be. I just started a part time job yesterday haven't worked for 3 years and had to leave last job because of anxiety. iv'e only worked 3 years total in my life and i'm 33. My anxiety is really high at the minute each time i get cravings i just come on here before i act and so far has worked. Once i settle in this job am gonna push to na ga and aa meetings and just go all in with this so to speak. Thanks again for the support wouldn't be in this position without sr.