Notices

Grateful!

Old 01-15-2017, 10:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Grateful!

I've been reluctantly smoke-free in the past few weeks but today I suddenly feel grateful. I struggle with depression and I know if I had any with me I'd be smoking it, regardless of my commitment to be smoke free, because it provides "relief" from the doldrums...
While it may "cure" depression short term (more like delay / numb it), smoking allows me to be lazy and complacent in my daily life. When I smoke I isolate and procrastinate. I don't want to get up off the couch today but I'm going to anyway, and I know if I were smoking I'd be plastered to the couch and perpetuate my depression.
Anyway I'm so glad I'm not smoking today! Thanks for reading guys
Old 01-15-2017, 01:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad to read this kittycat - hope your week is a good one and you stay out of the doldrums

D
Old 01-16-2017, 12:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Right there with ya kittycat. Glad you're feeling it. I'm very grateful that I gave sobriety a chance. I don't know where I'd be if I hadn't but I'm sure I wouldn't have a lot of the blessings I have these days.
Old 01-16-2017, 02:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good on you.
Old 01-16-2017, 04:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I quit - reluctantly - because of a new job that drug tests. It was a very difficult "decision." Weed was so woven into every aspect of my life that I seriously agonized over whether to take the job!

I decided to give it a shot, because I could change my mind later in the "yes" direction & the "no thanks" direction closed that door.

Feeling great! I had one of the most fun weekends I've had in months just now...full of interesting activities & good people.

We get stuck in "ways of being," really stuck. I too am grateful that I was open to trying another way! It's all (amazingly) good!
Old 01-16-2017, 07:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you all! It's in doing the hard work of living without a crutch that we can finally be free