Notices

#StonerBoyfriendProbs

Old 11-24-2016, 07:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation #StonerBoyfriendProbs

I dont really know how to do this and its a very long story so im gonna cut it really short.

My boyfriend smokes marijuana every single day. He has gotten to the point he not only needs help but wants it. He has no money no life no motivation and things need to change.

He has just gotten a new job however been taken on as an apprentice and money has been cut, in the long run he will be better off but at the moment is struggling. This is getting him down and he talk about how he doesn't wanna live his life if he has to live it like this. Hes mum lends him money but hes constantly in debt. There is a lot more to the story, please feel free to ask but I wanna address the main part.

However there has been a massive break through this last week and things seem to be hitting him. He has rung Talk to Frank and gotten some advice on how to kick start this recovery and getting clean. He has a bad temper and looses it when he is not smoking, so we all feel on edge.

I am here just asking for some advice on things I should do and say and how I can support and help him. From people who are addicted, clean and also other family members who have been there for their loved ones. I want to make sure than I am doing the right things for him.
Old 11-24-2016, 03:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Tomkitten!! you'll find loads of support and advice here on SR!!
Old 11-24-2016, 03:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome tomkitten

I think it's important to make the point that your bf is irritated and antsy cos he's coming off a drug he's used for a long time...it's not your fault and I'm sure you're doing nothing wrong

Getting off pot can be difficult but this is not the best it's going to get. After a few weeks he'll feel better - and you can quote me on that

It's a little short term pain for long term gain.

My 'credentials' are impeccable - I smoked more or less daily for the best part of 30 years - if I can get off it, he can too

D