Notices

Craving!

Old 06-05-2016, 12:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Craving!

It's Sunday and my addict brain is crying out for getting high. I don't have any weed and I won't be trying to get any, but I came here to be honest and whine about it. I am feeling sorry for myself, went to a street fair and I see all the families and friends hanging out and it makes me feel lonely and wishing I could "check out" with some dope.
I'm going to sit here with my kitty and read a book instead. Thanks for reading my rant here....
Old 06-05-2016, 12:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I know it's a fallacy too, smoking would only make me depressed and paranoid and would not fix me. I know this with my head, I need to keep reminding myself.
Old 06-05-2016, 12:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good of you to come here. Cravings aren't any fun but they do pass. I like to distract myself.
Old 06-05-2016, 04:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kittycat3 View Post
I know it's a fallacy too, smoking would only make me depressed and paranoid and would not fix me. I know this with my head, I need to keep reminding myself.
Yes! Just keep reminding yourself about the reasons that made you quit.

Going back to day 1 is not fun at all.
Old 06-05-2016, 06:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks racing and Paco. I'm still feeling the craving angst, but I am almost done with the day and I've got some chocolate. I appreciate your replies and knowing there are others who understand my situation.
Old 06-05-2016, 06:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I wanted to blaze yesterday pretty bad. I think weed is tuffer for me to abstain from than booze. Gotta stay clean tho. Once I start it's stoner recluse for me for months on end.
Old 06-05-2016, 07:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey Kitty! Hang in there! I use to use weed, too. I quit alcohol and weed together. It's easier for me to quit that than booze, most of the time anyway. I do get tempted though. I hope you get past it!
Old 06-06-2016, 10:26 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks Karen! Hi doing better today, glad I made it through yesterday! Whew!! Sometimes I think for me it's the opposite, because booze was so blatantly destructive it is obvious I shouldn't drink. But for weed, I've never had huge negative ramifications....I see how warped that thinking is.