Notices

Weird slideshow when I ...

Old 03-28-2013, 08:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Weird slideshow when I ...

I decided I needed to quit drinking in November 2012. I have been yo-yoing between being sober for 7-10 days then back to drinking/binging for 5-7 days ever since.

Back in November when I first quit I couldn't sleep for first 3 nights. Had night sweats. Twitches too.

But one very freaky thing that happens every time I come off a binge kinda bugs me even more than the night sweats.

This may sound weird. It's not really hallucinations I don't think?

But as I get tired and close my eyes, a slideshow of sorts seems to start playing on the insides of my eyelids. The "pictures" start out as normal looking "people" and then like a movie they "morph" into very scary looking "monsters". Last night was my third night sober. I thought was past it

Then I closed my eyes.... I "see" a Normal looking man in a nice light, suit jacket. Then he morphs into a blue, devil looking thing! I pop me eyes open and it's still there for a split second. Just writing it sent chills thru me. Yucky!!

I know everyone is different... Wondered if anyone else had that type experience?
Old 03-31-2013, 02:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes, I had the exact same thing every time that I came of a heavy binge. Very very scary imagery. Totally beyond any horror movie I have ever watched. And so lifelike and crystal clear. My theory is that the mind was in a state of chemical unbalance.

That was one of the worst things about the days following a binge. I don't miss it one bit!!