Notices

I Found This To Be Odd

Old 06-30-2007, 04:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
On The Bus

I Found This To Be Odd

Last night as I lay in bed, ready for sleep, I noticed something about myself, and this is not the first time I have noticed it. What it is, I will be laying there and all of a sudden I realize my hands are clenched tight. How odd this is I thought.

So I try to open my hands and stretch my fingers before I go to sleep and yet my hand still wants to be clenched tight.

Im curious, anybody else ever noticed their clenched hands before they go to sleep?
Old 07-01-2007, 02:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Not me Bozo...maybe its just nerves..How are you doing?
Old 07-01-2007, 02:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Carpe Diem

I notice that I do that before sleep. I will also clench my stomach muscles and my back and shoulder muscles too. I don't even realize I am doing it until I have been clenched for a while. I also notice that I do it periodically throughout the day, I will catch myself will balled fists and don't know why. So, like you, I have no idea why that happens but you aren't the only one!
Old 07-01-2007, 04:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Maybe it is a reaction to the anti-depressants....I have read lots of account of it causing people to clench their jaws.

Do you have any relaxation techniques you use when you go to bed?
I find those help me tremendously.
Old 07-20-2007, 08:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I dont think it's anti depressents I do same thing I put my thumbs under my fingers and sqeeze them somedays my hands hurt so bad I think this result of stress and someway to relieve it.Hot wax dipping seems to help.
Old 07-20-2007, 08:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

I clench my jaw almost all day long. When I realize it I try to relax it but it's difficult.

I'm going to check my habits tonight as I lie in bed. I'm curious now.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Oh yeah I grind my teeth I lost my mouth gaurd but my jaws hurt too.wtf Ive done this for as long as I can remember.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

I remember my dentist asking me if I grind me teeth when I was a teenager. I did. He told me usually people do that when they are stressed out and he asked me if everything is ok. I said yes.

I still grind them. Every night I think. Someone once told me it sounds like I'm rolling ball-bearings around in my mouth. Weird, huh?
Old 07-20-2007, 12:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Doll
Do you have tmj? I hope not that stuff hurts I had it for awhile went to neck poper doctor and he fixed it jaws aint hurt since that was 10 years ago.Wish I could find mouth guard no telling what I did with that one,you cant trust a drunk with nothing.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:38 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

neck poper doctor. LMAO! I call them the chiropoper. I had them look at my jaw once but he said it didn't seem bad. I've never been diagnosed with tmj but my jaw hurts often. The muscles I guess.

I have had 2 different night guards and I couldn't stand either one of them. So uncomfortable. I still have my latest one but it won't fit any more.

I hope you find yours soon.