Notices

45 hours and counting

Old 01-19-2007, 10:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Save the Pars

45 hours and counting

45 hours since i have slept. Stress at work is the main offender. It comes for about 2 weeks then gets better. Tried OTC sleep meds but they don' t work now. Glad i have the weekend off. Oops, I hear the dog wants in. Better go
Old 01-19-2007, 11:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Been there. Sorry. I know how it is. Try reading. Puts me too sleep everytime. The computer damn sure wont.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

A couple questions. How long you been clean/sober? Do you do a program? AA/NA?
Old 01-20-2007, 02:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

In my early recovery I had some interrupted sleep. I found myself getting up earlier (like 3am), but over time and good habit development I sleep just fine today ( almost two years later ) .
Old 01-20-2007, 06:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Save the Pars

I work AA

Originally Posted by Time2Surrender View Post
A couple questions. How long you been clean/sober? Do you do a program? AA/NA?
I checked into to rehab 4 yrs ago. Detoxed 4 days then did 3 months of intense outpatient therapy which probably saved my life. Relapse for a couple weeks in 2005 but got back in therapy and the program and have been well since. I also have chronic depression, anxiety and a little OCD, so if I don't take care of myself I am a train wreck. I have great support though from my HP, wife, two daughters, family, friends, therapist and doctors. It takes a whole team to keep this train on the tracks.

I have gotten some sleep since uh .. my last post so I feel better. My insomnia gets worse the older I get though. It will be gone for months then out of nowhere it hits for a couple of weeks. I am pretty used to it and I think this cycle is on its way out. It is as if I go and go until my body just can't stay awake then I crash and then it is like my body reboots and I will sleep normal again. I got 6 hours of sleep plus a one hour nap (bonus points!) this afternoon, so hopefully my internal clock will reset at just the right time.

As you can see, I have to work AA or as the new singer for INXS sings, "It ain't pretty!". I have a great home group that has 5 meetings a day so that helps me stay plugged in. My sponsor is an old timer with 33 yrs who takes no BS and is a great mentor.

So that is a little of my story. Liked the guy said, "Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?" lol
Old 01-25-2007, 12:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Generically Unavailable

Just out of curiosity, how much exercise do you get? How is your current diet? When was your last physical and how did the blood work look?
Old 02-01-2007, 04:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Save the Pars

I play golf at least twice a week. During daylight savings time, I play almost everyday after work and on the weekends. I used to lift weights and play basketball 3 times a week up until about 4 years ago. I know i need more cardio. Hope to get started back when the weather clears up. My pdoc put me on Lunesta finally. He doesn't want to put me on anything other than effexor but since i have been sober over a year and a half, he decided to let me try it. I sleep deeper but still wake up 4 or 5 times a night, but the quality of sleep is better.