Notices

Brat Camp son now in 12 step school

Old 10-23-2005, 09:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Honk if you're a codie!

Brat Camp son now in 12 step school

I am very grateful that I got to see my 16 year old drug addicted son this weekend. He spent 67 days in the wilderness of Utah and now is in a 12 step boarding school. His counselor said it is like a 24-hour-a-day AA meeting but it is also a regular high school. God somehow managed to make all the arrangements work ( and it was complicated). And to see my son now, he was so excited to see the family after a one month blackout period that he couldn't sleep the night before. He looked so healthy and happy and it was so wonderful. And he says he believes in a HP now. Wow!
MamaGoose
Old 10-31-2005, 11:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

MamaGoose, That is wonderful. You really have something to be grateful for. It sounds like you've been through a lot. He sounds like he is on the right track to recovery. It is good he has a HP now. I am not familiar with this program, but there are some good ones out there. Their methods work even though we tend to question why they do what they do, but believe me there is a method to their madness. You must be ecstatic. Keep us informed.

OneLady

Sobriety Date 11/6/05
Old 11-01-2005, 06:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Honk if you're a codie!

Thanks OneLady,
Here I am feeling great about AS (my youngest) and this morning I am dealing with my 18 year old. Smarter than the average bear but doing co-op his last year of high school, working in a restaurant because he can't sit still in the classroom anymore. I'm afraid it's not good. I'm so glad I have a Nar-Anon meeting tonight.
Thanks.
MamaGoose