Notices

Life Being New...

Old 04-24-2021, 08:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Life Being New...

I am grateful for how life is amazing and looking at positive things only leads to more postive.
Old 10-15-2021, 07:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sometimes difficult but if you put your best foot forward as they say you will come out with the positive results you wanted when you went in!
Old 10-20-2021, 05:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am finding this out! Thanks for the reminder.
Old 10-28-2021, 08:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It is the most extraordinary thing that these past few months of sobriety have lead me to learn, work harder, exercise more and smile more. I am sad that I was in the dark for so long and could not see what alcohol did to someone like me and how far in life I was set back. I am so grateful to once again see how wonderful life anew has become. I am grateful that all the hard work has given me so many wonderful results. I just find it so hard to not cry when I see what I now reap from what I sowed from all the persistence and perseverance. I am grateful that I continue to work harder and harder and see the wonderful fruit of my labor. I am grateful to once again see the person I used to be and can stand tall and look at someone I like and love once again. I am grateful for sober recovery and being able to just put my words and feelings our there. Life being new is so wonderful!
Old 11-17-2021, 05:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I sit here on a keyboard and listen to music and just think... My friends I am so grateful I can look at all the wonderful things I have to offer and can honestly say thank you for the wonderful things I accept. Just posting on soberrecovery to let myself know I still matter in my own mind and in my own life is so helpful and wonder in life being new no matter who sees this or not. The people who play a part in everything that I have released about myself and posted and put out there for anyone and I mean anyone big brother and the public to judge and use against me I am so much stronger for it. I can not say how much I love just to post this message and so many others to any and all! This is life being new and I so love it! Thank you Sober Recovery thank you all who read this thank you world thank you life thank you ME!
Old 11-27-2021, 08:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Great job, Duane 👍🏻
Old 12-15-2021, 07:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I continue to understand how you have to see life in a new light as it redefines you in every aspect. How many times do you say or think if only I knew then what I know now? I am so grateful that I can see what I do now and where I am headed and what I can learn. I love what I am redefining about my life and I don't want to stop until I can say I made it. Life being new is so much more than one can conceive when you are not grateful. Thank you Sober Recovery and all who are here bless you all.
Old 12-15-2021, 08:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing and being of service Duane. ❤
Old 12-22-2021, 06:25 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

One of the greatest things about life being new is discovery. No matter who we are or where we come from discovery brings new meaning to our life. I go through life now being new and look at more things with detail. To say more just being grateful for what I do have and what I have to offer and give. Posting every once in a while on Soberrecovery and sharing what I have to type sitting here quietly and doing nothing but thinking of the words that appear on the screen just makes me grateful. I can't imagine what I would have done over the last 18 months had I not found Soberrecovery as one of the ways to heal myself. Doesn't matter if no one sees my posts doesn't matter if no one sees what I have to say (but they do oh they do). I do it for me life being new reminds me that it is me and if THEY see it great if THEY don't I am GRATEFUL. I can't say how much I love all those who are here all those that read and all those that post and all those ADMIN's who make it possible. Life being new is exactly that new life and I will never stop, thank you all and all those who are here and the ADMIN's who make it possible I am forever grateful love you all, until the next time.
Old 12-29-2021, 06:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Life being new means you have to remind yourself that you are grateful for what you have and not what you don't.
I am grateful for Soberrecovery and what I have!
I am grateful for what I have.
I am grateful for Soberrecovery.
I am grateful.
I am grateful.
Old 03-30-2022, 08:04 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Today has taught me that we can be strong and life being new you have to experience that and integrate it in what you perceive and what you know. I am thankful and grateful for those who stand by me and those who chose to help me when then didn't have too. Life being new is really just that your wisdom increases, your knowledge increases, and your experience well should I say it increases! My life is so much newer and different and I am grateful I can move forward and continue to recognize life is always new.
Old 04-06-2022, 07:08 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Life teaches all sorts of things as most of us know. I want to be thankful for this renewed life being able to teach me that I can still learn so many new things, thank you everyone who posts and reads you are a life lesson that I need more than you know.
Old 04-13-2022, 07:44 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I am so grateful I can just post and put my life being new just being new. Everything that you look at smell from hear from and taste from is so extremely much more than what I used to know. I have to keep going and just envision all that I did not have until now I have now and it is only becoming more. I cry more now than I ever did in my life, and most of the time it is tears of joy! Life being new means I get to be! It means I get to cry I get to chose right or wrong, I get to see life for what it is good and bad and make the decision on how I respond to it. Life being new is just that... ...New life for me!
Old 04-13-2022, 09:49 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thanks for update, Duane 🤓❤️
Old 04-27-2022, 06:21 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I once again sit in my office and want to post how life being new to me is so wonderful. Set backs are something that I have a really hard time with and I am going through one right now. I have to remember that life will not quit and I will not quit on life no matter the set back and I am grateful I have a few individuals that stand beside me in this life. I love them and I love me and I continue to love life being new.
Old 08-31-2022, 07:48 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

So it has been a while since I last let my posts here on life being new know how wonderful and satisfying that life can be when you start over. That is not to say life of the past doesn't shape the new life that has begun but once again looking at the world, people, ones self and life in general as a new start a new beginning. I have to say that I am happy with the way I am headed with my health and my well being and first and foremost my life. Life starting over is amazing and I can not say how happy and wonderful it has made me. I would hope that everyone gets to experience this wonderful life to its fullest whatever that may mean to them. Life being new means new life to you and me, I am so grateful I have it.
Old 09-04-2022, 07:08 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Wow, I just found this thread! Simply magnificent! Kudos to you, CFDuane! Your words are so inspiring. Thank you!
Old 09-14-2022, 07:05 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I have found that life being new is so unexpected and I post on sober recovery to let people know that you can do what is needed in your life. I have cried and cried and wanted to say no more to life. Please know I still fight this life and the old one but life being new shows me i have so much to live for. I can not say how much I love all of you who read and write to sober recovery you all amaze me and I love the responses that I get. Life being new means every day is new and will always be and the fact that I can do this and no one sees it or even posts to it doesn't mean I love life being new. If you read this or not please know life being new will be with you and you will be new to life. I love posting on sober recovery best therapy I can have. Gratitude to the admin's and all those who are here please know this is life being new!!!
Old 10-05-2022, 07:49 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I once again find life to be so much more interesting than I have when I was not recovering. The battle for this new life still goes on and I am taking it day by day and when I focus on all the good stuff happening I am just amazed. I am grateful for the amazing life that I have and the new beginnings that I get to experience each and every day. I am grateful to post every once in a while to remind myself why I still enjoy it so much. I read my older posts and am so grateful, thank you once again all out there and sober recovery. Post again soon.
Old 11-09-2022, 08:01 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I sit and wonder what life would be like if I continued down that dark path and did not feel life again new. It scares me very much and I wish that I had not known that dark corridor of my life. I can say that I can see both sides of the coin if you will and I so much love and am grateful for where I am now and how I view life. I post to remind myself most of all that places like Sober Recovery and all of you out there are going through something similar and realizing how much life has to offer. I say this with a heart that Life being new has brought out the best in me and the worst is so little. The coin side doesn't much matter anymore because I am grateful for both sides. Know you are not alone and that Life Being New will always be with you.