Notices

grateful to feel grateful

Old 11-13-2004, 09:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Smile grateful to feel grateful

this would be one of my first attempts to express my gratfulness, out of my mind that is. i am a little over two months clean and my boyfriend just got out of jail. thankfully he is riding the road of sobriety at the moment and hopefully we wont have any problems with him and drug abuse again.
so anyways, i am so very thankful for the NA program and the people in it. i have learned so much from them already and its only beginning. i have not identified my higher power yet, but somethings out there. thats for sure. so i thank that hp for giving me patience in my recovery, for giving me courage to admit my wrong doings, and for looking out for me when no one gave a damn.
i am grateful that i got away from my family and i am very grateful that i am now living in a clean and stable environment where i can pull my **** together. i am grateful for sr, although i have not been very active on this site, it has been there when i need to get so things off my chest and for that i am thankful. on the top of my list, i thank the family that i do have, my grandmother and aunts, for supporting me thick through thin.
well i am sure that i could go on and on, but i will leave it at that. but i must not forget that i am truly grateful for the ability to feel and recognize gratefulness! love to all my fellow addicts. and remember, it works if you work it!

yours truly,
seana smith