Notices

too much phyical pain

Old 10-15-2004, 08:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

too much phyical pain

is there anyone out there like me i have had 13 surgeries and soooooooooooo many different procedures i cant stand it anymore and all the medication i was put on i have finely gotten off all pain meds but still feel lousy i wonder if i will ever feel good again i have been clean for 2 months but still dont sleep right. and still am restless i also still have alot of pain but dont want to use anymore and i still need more surgery. i have started to exercise again but it only makes my back hurt more. i have lost so much and am having a hard time ajusting to my new life style i was a phyical education teacher and can no longer do that job i loved to ski, scuba dive, bike ride, horse backride, rollerblade, bikeride and manymore activities but i am no longer able to do most. i do watch other and get very frustrated i even have trouble doing house work. i know i could be alot woarse but that does not always help any sugestion on how to work this out thank for listening
Old 10-15-2004, 12:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Living life, One Day at a Time

Do We Ever Sleep Normal Again?

hi tobitoto,
you know when i first stop using dope, it took me about 90 days until i was able to sleep through the night, so right now your sleeping habits are normal, and also your bones and your back is going to hurt for a little while because opiates replaces your bone marrow so it takes a little while to feel better, however if you hang in there, i promise you, it will get better. i am so grateful i am no longer a slave to drugs. exercising is the best thing for you right now because when you work out, your body produces dopamines and the more you produce the quicker you will feel better, but also take it easy, you dont want to hurt yourself even more. you know as addicts we have hurt a lot of people but we seem to forget the people we have hurt the most have been ourselves. just take it easy, dont over do it, but try to do a little more a couple times a week and you will start to feel better....just give yourself a break...and give yourself so time and it will get better, we can do anything, just as long as we dont pick up so hang in there. you know another thing that made me feel better was getting a sponsor. I dont know if you make NA meetings but if you do i suggest you get a sponsor....its so much easier to go through things with someone who has gone through it already then to be by yourself. I see you live on Long Island....there is a great midnight meeting in Bay Shore at the pit. click on the link below and the suffolk and nassau meeting list will pop up for you....i am here for you sweetie....I am greatful to my higher power and the rooms of NA for another day clean!

Christine

http://www.sasna.org/Event_DB/index....ius=4&zip_zip=
Old 10-16-2004, 10:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

thanks for your response it really helps iam new here so i think i put this in the wrong place but iam glad you found it yes i do go to meetings but have not found a sponser yet hope to soon i am having real trouble with the guilt and shame of addiction cant seem to give myself a break maybe someday i will be able to forgive myself so thanks for your reply and you caring
laura