Notices

Today I'm Grateful for...God's love.

Old 02-17-2017, 09:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Today I'm Grateful for...God's love.

Undying, miraculous love!

I have to say, I am amazed. 10 years of sobriety, the last two I became a dry drunk... nothing... no program to speak of, the daily Big Book post on a site I frequented, I was doing that. I would also post some scripture... no meetings, no steps, no reaching out. A little bit of daily, moment by moment prayer.

Then, out of the blue, a Big Book quote hit me different. About praying when needing help... I had seen it before, but this time... suddenly a HUGE spiritual awakening! Then, I started watching Joyce Meyer and I was getting hit with scripture from all sides.... He called me back out of the belly of the fish.

Guys, I have a bad heart, I need a transplant. Doc has told me for 8 years, my next heart-attack is my last. There were a myriad of other health issues that tied me home. Not any more. My doctor didn't recognize me. She doesn't understand how I am doing what I am doing. I'm on full disability, but I am going to daily meetings, sponsoring people again, giving people rides, helping support a couple of families in need, volunteering at my church 2 hours a day 5 days a week. Our bills are being paid, I am going back through the steps from the ground up rebuilding a plan and working the steps with my sponsees.

I don't tell this to impress, God knows. I tell it to thank and spread it....

The Program works if you work it... and God's love is boundless! He'll even use an old fool like me!!!!
Old 02-18-2017, 07:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Amazing post, Dayzed.

Thank you!