Notices

Lulupalooza's Gratitude List ~ Part 2

Old 12-11-2016, 06:56 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I'm grateful that my first semester of graduate school is over.
I'm grateful for a family that was supportive of me through this first semester.
I'm grateful my oldest son is almost potty trained.
I'm grateful my youngest son has learned how to walk.
And last, but not least, I'm grateful to be sober through it all!
Old 12-11-2016, 06:58 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lulupalooza View Post
I'm grateful that my first semester of graduate school is over.
I'm grateful for a family that was supportive of me through this first semester.
I'm grateful my oldest son is almost potty trained.
I'm grateful my youngest son has learned how to walk.
And last, but not least, I'm grateful to be sober through it all!
Beautiful post, Lulu! I am so happy for you.
Old 12-11-2016, 07:42 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Lulu, sounds terrific!

Thank you for the update.

Always nice to see you.
Old 01-04-2017, 06:51 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone!

I'm so grateful for the time I got to spend with my family during Christmas. Now that we've gotten older and have had kids of our own it's hard to get together. Not to mention I live clear across the country.
I'm grateful that I get to enjoy the holidays sober.
I'm grateful that alcohol rarely crosses my mind anymore, and when it does, it's not even a thing.
Old 01-05-2017, 05:06 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

happy new year lulu!
Old 02-24-2017, 07:11 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Happy New Year to you all! Oh my gosh, I can't believe it's been that long since I've logged in! Time flies by. I've been incredibly busy with school, kids, and everything in between! I really need to come back here more often. Tonight I'm grateful...

Every once in a while something reminds me of my drinking days. A song, a memory, a photo, etc.

It's been 3 years since I had a drink, but those days still feel so very raw to me. I haven't forgotten the daily anxiety, the fear that I may never be able to stop, the depression, and the hangovers. Those memories keep me sober, and they keep me grateful. I'm still so incredibly grateful I'm not there anymore. SO INCREDIBLY GRATEFUL!

My life is a complete 180 from those days. Most days are good days for me now, full of light and life. I remember those days as very dark days. Days I thought I might disintegrate from shaking so much. Days I'd wake up with a pounding headache. Days I passed my shakes off as low blood sugar or too much caffeine to those who noticed. Days I felt like the cashier at the gas station was smirking at me because I was there AGAIN buying too much to drink. Days I'd drink myself into a stupor because I thought it was the only thing that could keep me happy. Otherwise I had to hear the voice inside my head constantly whining or rationalizing for more alcohol. Days I couldn't keep my head above water, and my smile was fake. I faked my entire day because I didn't want anyone to see what I had going on inside.

I still have struggles, yes, but I deal with them differently now. I have the ability to heal. I'm grateful to remember conversations from the night before. I'm grateful to not feel like I'm going to die every morning. I'm grateful to not have that stupid voice inside my head anymore. I'm grateful to actually live again!

I'm so grateful for today. I'm so grateful to be sober!
Old 02-25-2017, 04:26 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 3 years, Lulu!

I'm so happy for you.
Old 03-29-2017, 07:25 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Today I'm really grateful for the health of my kids, and my sobriety that allows me to be present for them. Lately I've been following a colleague whose 2 year old son was diagnosed with a rare cancer about a year ago. After surgery, cancer treatments, and many days spent in and out of the hospital he's now on hospice. It breaks my heart. I wish there was something I could do, but sometimes we have to accept what we cannot change, and have the courage to change the things we can.
So, I made a silent promise to him that I'd be present for my children. That includes staying off my phone when I'm around them as well as staying sober. I'll do that because I'm grateful for them and I realize that the time we spend with our loved ones is limited.
Old 03-31-2017, 07:37 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Today I'm just having one of those days where nothing seems to be going my way. So, rather than focusing on the things that didn't go my way, I'd like to talk about the things that have gone my way and that I'm grateful for.
I'm very grateful that I now have the ability to cope with things in a healthy way. I've really learned a lot through this journey. I no longer have to depend on alcohol to help me get through tough times.
I'm grateful that the sun was shining today. The birds singing and the warm sun helped brighten my day.
I'm grateful I'm almost done with this semester. I'm looking forward to a break!
I'm grateful for all the support I have that has helped me be successful in my education.
I'm grateful I had some oreos in the house tonight. I love oreos, and I was starving because the chicken I tried to grill for dinner turned out terrible.
I'm very grateful my son's ear infections cleared up. Thank goodness for antibiotics and skilled clinicians.
Old 03-31-2017, 08:23 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lulupalooza View Post
Today I'm just having one of those days where nothing seems to be going my way. So, rather than focusing on the things that didn't go my way, I'd like to talk about the things that have gone my way and that I'm grateful for.
I'm very grateful that I now have the ability to cope with things in a healthy way. I've really learned a lot through this journey. I no longer have to depend on alcohol to help me get through tough times.
I'm grateful that the sun was shining today. The birds singing and the warm sun helped brighten my day.
I'm grateful I'm almost done with this semester. I'm looking forward to a break!
I'm grateful for all the support I have that has helped me be successful in my education.
I'm grateful I had some oreos in the house tonight. I love oreos, and I was starving because the chicken I tried to grill for dinner turned out terrible.
I'm very grateful my son's ear infections cleared up. Thank goodness for antibiotics and skilled clinicians.
Lovely post, dear LuLu. So nice to see you.
Old 03-31-2017, 08:23 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Congrats on three years
Old 04-01-2017, 12:18 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

congrat
grateful for youse guys
Old 04-05-2017, 05:19 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Thank you SL! It's nice to see you too! How are you doing?
Old 04-05-2017, 05:23 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

I am doing well, thanks, LuLu. Still loving, loving, loving sobriety.

How is your little one?
Old 04-20-2017, 06:54 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

SL- It's great to hear you're doing well and loving sobriety. My little ones are doing well! They're growing so fast. I'm so proud of them and they really make life a lot more fun I'm very grateful to be sober for them.
Old 04-20-2017, 06:56 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I'm so glad to hear that your children are doing so well.

Don't they grow up quickly!!!!??? Blink and they are teenagers
Old 04-20-2017, 07:01 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Yesterday was the first day in a long long long time that I really felt the pull of alcoholism. Between stress, lack of sleep, and feeling very sad about something I felt pretty desperate about escaping. I wanted to feel anything but what I had been feeling. But, I'm grateful for a set of tools that helps me get through those cravings. Reaching out to friends and family, journaling, exercise, and a little fresh air really helped. I made sure to cut back on caffeine too. I've got to remember to take care of myself because I think when I become mentally and spiritually unhealthy alcohol will be knocking at my door. Thankfully, I got some sleep last night and I felt so much better today. I'm grateful for the love and support that surrounds me every day.
Old 04-20-2017, 07:03 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

They DO grow up quickly SL. Sometimes I feel a little sad that they aren't babies anymore, but at the same time they're so much more fun to talk to now! Kids have really been a blessing for me.
Old 04-20-2017, 07:04 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

For me, as well.

Someday you will see how fantastic grandkids are
Old 07-20-2017, 06:41 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Oh no! I can't believe how long I haven't been on here! I couldn't even find my thread for a while.
Time flies when you're having fun.
I'm grateful I'm still in this school program, and that my family does such a great job supporting me.
I'm grateful for my health, and the health of my family.
I'm grateful for all the information online to help me with anxiety.
I'm grateful for ANY sleep I get.
I'm grateful for A/C and sparkling water.
I'm grateful for new friends!