Notices

Why do I complain about life?

Old 07-23-2014, 08:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Why do I complain about life?

Over the years I bitched and moaned about how my life sucked. Every so often one event or another would give me reason to blame someone or something for my current situation. I would get over it and move on. Always had a grudge.
I recall the time I saw a guy having to use his nose to push buttons on an ATM machine. It made me thankful for who I was. But over time I seemed to forget that and would fall back to the "my life sucks" routine over and over again. In reality, I have it pretty darned good. My sickened mind is what is/was wrong. So I drank a lot. A LOT over the years. I should just slap myself and say, "Wake up fool."
I got an email with a link to an article done on him - there have been many over the years.
I figured this could help someone in despair and possibly motivate some into making their life more acceptable to themselves.
Be thankful for what we have.

Blinded Then Paralyzed, This Woodworker and Magician Reacted in the Most Inspiring Way | Eone
Old 07-25-2014, 12:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you LBrain. That made my heart smile, but also made me want to cry because of how selfish and full of self-pity we can be. What a beautiful man!