Notices

A message to my daughter

Old 07-01-2004, 08:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Red face A message to my daughter

Two years ago when I started this journey, my daughter then ten asked me with tears in her eyes, if I would promise never to drink again. I had no answer.
Now, with my eyes and heart wide open I have been able to tell her...I cannot promise you that I will never drink again, but I have seen life in a new and wonderful light and I can promise that I will never stop traveling this road of sobriety. It was wonderful to see in her face that she knew I was telling her the truth and that I wouldn't let her down.
The other night I can home from a meeting and she was with a friend of hers who has also seen my travels, they asked me how it went. I told them great as usual but then I also gave them some advice that told me just how far I've come. I said, soon you will be offered a drink or made to feel your not cool if you don't or to have fun this is what you do, but don't. Because you may start off just doing it to have a good time and then it becomes how you have a good time and then you slowly forget how to have a good time and you end up drinking just because. I explained that genetically they both have it in them to become alcoholic, that its not definate but by the time you find out its to late and then you have the horrible task of becoming sober. Life is much to sweet to dull your senses.
I can only pray that they will truly hear what I've said, I know that life isn't as easy as that, but one can only hope. I am glad that God gave me the opportunity to teach them that there is a better way of life. Children learn from example and with time I am glad to be able to be the example I am today.
Too all the parents that have started this journey, Thank You. What chance would our children have if we hadn't put ourselves first and walked one day at a time.

Yours in sobriety,
frufrulala
Old 07-01-2004, 10:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Paused

I am grateful most of all for the God of my understanding who has carried me even in my drunken days. Sobriety and the program of Alcoholics Anonymous are wonderful, the steps have helped me to grow and people have shown me how. My daughter will visit me in July, I have not seen her since I have been sober, a little over 7 years...in God's time is something I had to learn..it is true, I was not ready for this until now and I can look back and see so in God's time it works....love to all...Belinda
Old 07-02-2004, 06:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ladies, your posts both gave me hope with regards my own two daughters.
Thanks for sharing!
Love, Rowan
Old 07-02-2004, 10:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

Bindy, Stay strong and open, God has given you so much more than sobriety. I will be praying for you and your daughter.

Yours in Sobriety,
frufrulala
Old 07-02-2004, 10:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

Rowan, There is always hope and if you need some more, I'll be around. More than happy to chat.

Yours in sobriety,
frufrulala